Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Giant Trance 29 Sizing
  • wccodc1
    Free Member

I am looking at getting a Trance 29 (a new 2020 or 21 model) am I trying to garner opinions on what size might be best – though I appreciate there is some degree of personal preference involved.

I am 6″1′ (186cm) with just over 34″ leg length and average arm length for height.

Riding will be mainly longer days on singletrack with natural rather than man made descents – but with occasional trips to trail parks.

Garry_Lager

Got some spinal tap with your height there, but I have a large at 6′ and would think that is right for you. Where you thinking bigger or smaller? My personal pref when on the borderline of M/L is always L, others would go the opposite way.

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

Giant’s sizing chart has you down for a large. That being said I felt the Trance was a drop shorter in cockpit length than the numbers might suggest. So if not large I’d possibly be looking at XL, but definitely not sizing down to medium.

PolisherMan

Be careful if referring to the UK size guide, it is /was incorrect.
    Unusually, at 5′ 10″ it put me firmly in the medium camp. It recommended med. Up to 6′.
    If you check the Giant US site. then I was right on the Med/Lrg as I’d expect.
    The med. fits me, just. I think they’re a bit short. I would defo go large next time…

StirlingCrispin

I am 6ft 1 etc and had a 2019 Trance 29er Large.

I’d say bang in the middle of the size. Wouldn’t want to go smaller or larger.

devash
    Free Member

OP, do you mean the 130mm front / 115mm rear original version or the new 150/140mm longer travel version?

If the shorter travel one, I’d say you’ll be fine on a large. I’m bang on 6ft and found the large perfect for me when I swung a leg over one a couple of years ago. The problem with sizing up to XL on the shorter travel version is not so much the reach / ETT, but the long seat tube which may restrict your dropper options. Great bike, I really regret not selling my 27.5 Anthem and buying one when they first came out.

If the longer travel version, then you’ll really want to get a test ride. They have a really long reach and funny geo that may not suit everyone.

RichBowman

Just over 6ft and a Large for me. Can fit a 170mm dropper in as well (just about slammed).

As others have said, check it’s not the Trance X (135mm rear travel) as that’s got different geometry.

Sanny
    Free Member

Giant Reign Advanced Pro 2 – Long Term Review

This may help. Same height as you and a large in Giant (so to speak!)

One thing to consider is that Giant don’t give you much in the way of spacers to play with. Both recent Giants I had on test were too low at the front for my liking. I would suggest you try before you buy.

Cheers

Sanny

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I’m 6ft2 and ride a Large 27.5 Trance. All good here.

RichBowman

Just dropped you a PM

haggis1978

I’m 6’1″ and ride an XL Trance 29. 34″ inside leg with a 170mm dropper post. Bike feels spot on for me in reach. Probably my favourite bike.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance 29 Sizing’ is closed to new replies.