Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Giant Reign 2007
  • duntstick
    Free Member

I’m waiting on a new to me 2007 Reign 1 frame(in dodgy army green flavour) to arrive here in France.

Trouble is I’m trying to sort bits out to put on it and don’t know the sizes of things like BB shell/length, front mech size and type.

It comes with headset and seatclamp and I have DT5.1/Hope and a RC41 Fighter fork and to pop on it, I’m hoping 200mm steerer is enough.

Should be here tomorrow/day after, any build advice appreciated

Inspirational Reign pics also would be great

cheers

duntstick
    Free Member

timbercombe
    Free Member

I’ve just got a reign X, internal headset, 135mm rear spacing, 73mm bb, 30.9mm seatpost/derailleur, using top pull, having got it to work yet though :s 200mm steerer is PLENTY!!! I’m on about 180mm with 3 medium spacers.

duntstick
    Free Member

Cheers Timber,chuffed about the fork thanks for the info

Swiftacular
    Free Member

As a slight hi-jack, whats the tyre clearance like on reigns? Just waiting on my 2006 Reign turning up, would they fit a good sized 2.5″?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

…just waiting on my 2006 Reign turning up, would they fit a good sized 2.5″?

The chap who I go to the Alps with has an ’07 Reign and he fits a WTB Weirwolf 2.5″ tyre on the back with no problems at all and they come up big for a 2.5″.

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

i’ve got a reign 2007 like yours duntstick. they’re beautiful if you ask me, prefer them to the post 2007 versions.

i’ve put zocchi 55’s on mine, hope hoops, easton EA70 bars and XT brakes, makes a good all mountain build, i can still pedal it all day but still use it for some DH duties

i think most of what Timber combe said is right, mine has a 68mm BB shell though.

as for fitting 2.5 tyres, i reckon you’d get them in there, probly not tons of mud clearance. i use some mountain king 2.4’s, they have quite a bit of clearance, tho they’re not quite as big as other 2.4’s.

duntstick
    Free Member

That’s a shame, image doesn’t work,this thread needs pics!

So it seems the standard frame ran smaller bb shell and no isg mounts

Tracey

Abigales pre Oct 08, green and well scratched

Now

Running 2.35 Specialized Enduro Pro tyres

Tracey

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’ve got the Giant Reign 07 and it’s brill! Sorry can’t help you with measurements etc as I dont’ know .. I’m a chick .. boyf has that remit! I’m not allowed in the garage it’s his “Tinkering” domain so I have no idea! Also my bike magically fixes itself and always works beautifully, must be a leprechaun in my garage 😉

duntstick
    Free Member

Abigails bike is purdy,gets more air than mine’ll ever see though ;0)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Giant Reign 2007’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM