Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Ghost tracks
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ZZ Top's ace version of As Time Goes by on Mescalero. Love it!

So, what other good ghost tracks are out there?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

What do you mean by 'ghost tracks' ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also known as hidden or bonus tracks.

sssimon
    Free Member

green day I was alone on dookie

4ags4
    Free Member

Train in Vain on the original Vinyl of London Calling

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I know what you mean now,
    Cannot remember CD name as I no longer have it but found Robert Plant – Big Log on it but remember not listed, didnt realise the 'bonus track / ghost track existed so I guess that it must have been one.. loved the tune so always have a copy on PC.. ( It took me ages to even name the singer / track at the time )

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

Unkle – Psyence Fiction, track minus 1, go to track 1 and "rewind" cd back before zero, bobs your unkle, bonus track

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think I can remember an excellent ghost track on The Second Coming.

I'm sure Crowded House did one on one of their albums too. Hardly see them anymore…they sure fecked things up when I hit the "random" button on my first ever "stack hifi" system.

sssimon
    Free Member

that unkle one rocks and there's one at the end of neverneverland

dr_death
    Free Member

**** are still running the world at the end of the First Jarvis Cocker solo album is great (not so great when you forget and it comes on at work!)

You Tube Vid

theflatboy
    Free Member

s*!t man, i never knew there was one at the start of psyence fiction. similar one on the start of 2manydjs radio soulwax part whatever it is, the one that was most sold in the shops.

sc-xc

^ part II – the Kylie song?

theflatboy
    Free Member

exacto, bazza

Ambrose

What's the Unkle track called- cos I don't seem to have it on my PC, despite having ripped the album from the CD. Track 1= Guns Blazin (Drums of Death) Thrack 12 = Outro

Swiftacular
    Free Member

There's one on a Pennywise album thats about a 7 minute Piano Solo, beautiful piece, cant remember the album though.
    Edit: Albums called Full Circle

Northwind

1977 by Ash… "Sick Party" Oh no, wait, that's the worst one ever.

cynic-al
    Free Member

these foolish things-Radiohead

GW
    Free Member

NineInchNails – broken/fixed EP has a couple

nedrapier

I've got a Monty Python album on vinyl. Both sides are marked Side 2, and one side has a two separate tracks/grooves, running alternately (if that makes any sense?) By chance, it was about 6 months before I happened to put the needle into the other track. That confused the bejeesus out of me, that did!

theflatboy
    Free Member

What's the Unkle track called- cos I don't seem to have it on my PC, despite having ripped the album from the CD. Track 1= Guns Blazin (Drums of Death) Thrack 12 = Outro

ones like that, at the beginning of the cd, won't get ripped – the track's effectively in what's normally the 2 or 3 second gap of noise between tracks, so won't get picked up when you rip it and it's at the beginning. to do with the way cd contents are indexed, i think. lots of cd players won't even play it, as you have to pause it at the start of the cd then sort of rewind back into the gap before the cd starts…

DezB
    Free Member

I find them annoying. When you've ripped a CD to MP3 you have to cut out the blanks space. When you're listening in the car you have to press the scan fwd button. Stupid stupid idea!

Nirvana's Endless Nameless was the first I came across.
    A Human have a track called "Average Human" at the end of their album.
    I think there's one at the end of the Sunshine Underground album too.
    Good albums both, check em.

theflatboy
    Free Member

agreed, dez. they were interesting when they were novel and unusual. now every damn cd has one, and they're often not worth the effort!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Ghost tracks’ is closed to new replies.