Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Getting Trailforks trails to appear on Edge830
  • dazzydw
    Free Member

Going a little bit nuts here.
    For this upcoming weekend in Dyfi forest I want my Edge830 to show me all the Trailforks trails on the map, to help find them and explore. There’s loads of them visible on trailforks website map.
    I think they used to appear on my Edge but i somehow turned them off ages ago. Cant rememeber how.
    I dont pay for trailforks but it tells me i dont need to for this feature.
    I thought I’d connected and enabled it but trails do not appear on the browsed map. Or rather 2 (out of 30ish) trails do appear so its sort of 10% working which is v confusing.

I used 830 wired connect to mac > GarminExpress > IQ apps > Install Trailforks > Sync
    then on Edge > Trailforks > iPhone > Garmin Connect > ‘Authorise app’ > SignIn to Trailforks > Authorise

(what a shitshow process btw!)

Can it be done and what am i doing wrong?

frogstomp

Are you maybe selecting a profile that has the TrailForks base map turned off?

I used 830 wired connect to mac > GarminExpress > IQ apps > Install Trailforks > Sync
    then on Edge > Trailforks > iPhone > Garmin Connect > ‘Authorise app’ > SignIn to Trailforks > Authorise

I think this integration just syncs starred / favourited routes and trails with your Garmin (which may be the ones you are seeing).

This might help.

clubby

On my 530 the trails don’t show on the main map automatically. You need to go into the Navigation menu and select MTB trails (or something like that) to access the Trailforks data.

dazzydw
    Free Member

Are you maybe selecting a profile that has the TrailForks base map turned off?

@frogstomp

Thanks – That fixed it!
    Did the ‘Unlock map’ thing from that video, then the Trailforks map syncd to the Edge.
    I went into the Mountain bike profile and the new Trailforks base map was disabled. Enabled it and went to browse the map. After a crash and restart (hmmm) all the trailforks trails are now visible on the map when browsing.

ta11pau1

Just checked and mine are on there, can’t remember how I did it though. tbh on a 530 it’s soul destroying trying to browse the map so I only use the trailforks maps on the device when it pops up with I’ve stopped so I can tell which trail I’m on or is ahead.

dazzydw
    Free Member

Yes that’s the plan – just have them visible if we need them.
    I think the Forksight feature is now on too, which will probably be equal parts annoying/useful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.