Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Getting old need a magnifying glass
  • aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Just changed over our broadband this morning from Plusnet to John Lewis. Swapped over routers all booted up ok. I then look for the wireless key code to get the devices/phone etc set up on the new router. The code just looks like gobbledygook to me. All Xs and strange characters.

Will have to wait to my wife gets up & get her to read it. Is this a form of discrimination against half blind old men?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Use the camera on your phone and zoom in on the picture?

qwerty
    Free Member

Ha ha – join the club!

dave661350

Bollox, I thought there’d be some suggestions….I had a belter as a kid and now need one for real, not just for starting grass fires in the sun

grim168
    Free Member

I have a reading glasses app on my phone (android)

jrawarren

And did they helpfully print the code in dark grey on a black background like my First Direct debit card number?

@perchypanther
    Pleased its not just me doing this! ..and why are glasses so crap? I need reading glasses to read, but they dont work well with using a laptop at reasonable arms length, bought hugely expensive varifocals that are consistently useless at everything. I dont understand why, with all the tech we can invent these days, we havent cracked smart-glasses yet that actually work!

zippykona

Everyone laughs when I get these out of my wallet….but here among MY people I shall receive nods of admiration.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

What’s a wallet grandad?

martinhutch

Your shopping list is interesting, Zippy.

ads678

Nice bumbag!

dannybgoode

Your shopping list is interesting, Zippy.

Good spot 😀

Houns

😂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Everyone laughs when I get these out of my wallet….but here among MY people I shall receive nods of admiration.

Aww bless….. and Zippy’s got a Tile on his purse so the grandkids can find it/him when he goes wandering 🙂

zippykona

I seem to be not getting nods of admiration.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Turns out I can read the small print code with good light. Once the sun was shining at the back of the house I could read it.

Really need to get reading glasses. I’ve held out for too long, now I’m 55 I need to accept my eyesight isn’t great.

My low light vision is crap as well I can’t tell the difference between the different coloured bins after dark. Usually end up putting paper in the composting bin. If only the world was better lit and all print was high contrast and had bigger characters. I am turning into Mr Magoo

kelvin

Where did you get them from Zippy? I need a pair that lie flat enough to always be in my pocket. Ta.

stumpyjon

B & M Home Bargins, reading glasses are £1, I have a pair upstairs, downstairs and in the car, might buy some more. Been forced to accept that despite great distance vision with my contacts my reading needs epic contrast and light or cheap reading glasses. The Optician predicted this 2 years ago and unfortunately she was right.

maccruiskeen

Use the camera on your phone and zoom in on the picture?

then accidentally take a picture. Wonder why the picture is on your photos. Is this important? Can I delete it?.

says man with lots of blury photos of screwfix catalogue codes on his phone

maccruiskeen

shall we tell Zippy there’s no lenses in those glasses

MrSmith
    Free Member

Have you tried a monocle?
    i told the mrs i was getting one, the look on her face was priceless.
    i only need reading glasses for small print and looking at the screen on the back of the camera. a monocle on a chain would actually be quite handy.

slowoldman

shall we tell Zippy there’s no lenses in those glasses

Yeah they look armless though.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Getting old need a magnifying glass’ is closed to new replies.