Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Getting my first 1k plus bike
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Will be getting my race license for next year and i have whittled my choice down to either of these 2.

I intend to use it for racing in my discipline, hence my name XD, I will also use it for free ride, dirt jumps, and singletrack. As i'm still 17 paying out over 1k is quiet and achievement for me as i have earnt this money all myself. now do i go for the fr30 and upgrade later or wait an extra 3 months and get the fr 10?

upgrades will be things such as:
    forks= fox floats
    bars= fnn riser bars
    pedals= some welgo's
    hubs= hope 2's
    rims= halo sas

tails
    Free Member

I'd get neither for 4X but if I must choose the top one looks best. I have seen a fair few yeti 4x pop up recently get the jarad graves look!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'd go for Canfield Balance second hand / ebay, if you do happen to see one let me know, I want one! ;D

zaskar
    Free Member

Great work ethic!

Equipment? I would write or observe what current racers are using and then get some ideas on how to improve on your equipment budget too.

Budget repair and replacement costs, and try to get some local sponsorship too.

Do some nutrition research too and gain some edge over the others.

Factor time on technique, physical fitness and look psychology for athletes. It can take 8yrs to perfect a Rower ahlete so be patient and start young as possibe.

Don't bike companies get parts at discount do the next model up won't cost as much as buying the upgrades? But OEM parts can sometimes be slightly cheaper in quality in some models not all.

Good luck in the 4X

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

sponsorship, currently in negotiation with one clothing company and one local bike shop and one local seller who makes many through selling stuff.

fact wise, i'm studying 3 a levels in sports science so i got that sorted for training regime and nutrition.

i would be doing the build from scratch but it would cost me 5k plus

so i'm gonna do the upgrades listed as above

bassspine
    Free Member

😀 big respect for getting off your arse and working for your bike 😀

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

ive been working for a year and am onth now 🙂 after my first 3 months i bought my current bike carrera banshee x, and since then all the gear – full face, various pads, bags, clothing and shoes, as well as 3k of other stuff, i will/have been working solid for 4 months to get the green one a swell as juggling school work!

luckily my bio mechanics teacher has said he will help improve my stances and techniques and my sports injuries teacher is helping me with my after care from a 'torn Achilles, severed nerves, broken ligaments and tendons and ripped pro prio receptors in the ankle from a little crash 6 months ago.

and that injuries teacher is also helping me set up my license as she was a coach for british cycling (despite the roadie bit)

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

only reason i would upgrade to the higher priced one is for the paint job and fox fork aswell as rear shock :S

Kevevs
    Free Member

do u red mbuk?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

yes i do and was surprised to see 4 pages in total featuring it :S

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

so which one?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Getting my first 1k plus bike’ is closed to new replies.