Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Getting a lefty serviced North West?
  • rydster
    Free Member

Hi my lefty fork is buggered and won’t extend all the way. Does anyone know if anyone in Manchester area can service it, or does it have to be sent away? Bloody pissed off about this as wanted to sell the bike. Cheers.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Not Manchester, but not that far away… Alf Jones in Gresford.
    On the way out to Llangdegla.

Did mine and it’s fantastic.

carlosg
    Free Member

leisure lakes in Bury can probably do it.when we bought MrsCarlos ‘Dale they did a service night where they showed you how to dismantle/service them yourself.

samuri
    Free Member

‘Getting a lefty service’ just has to be a euphanism for something.

if not, you should make it one.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

LL Bury sent all their lefty stuff to Thumbprint IIRC

goatster
    Free Member

LLakes bury send them to their Nottingham branch where their resident left man is.
    Think it normally takes a week or so depending on how busy they are
    T

rydster
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Bury it probably is. Do you know roughly the cost? I dunno what is wrong? It won’t extend all the way and a bit of fluid came out when I released the pressure….yes I know it sound very euphemistic. 😉

goatster
    Free Member

I think IIRC its about £125.00.
    T

sefton
    Free Member

you rang DJ cycles in Ramsbottom?

rydster
    Free Member

Sent it direct to Lakes in Nott.

Damn it’s bloody costly to get these serviced.

I wouldn’t mind but I only want to pimp the bike out on eghey. The shock was stood for about 3 years doing nothing so probably why it failed?

They can’t be that hard to service yourself but there are a few proprietary tools right? If I ever get one again I might buy them.

jimification
    Free Member

Probably a daft question but just in case…it doesn’t just need a bearing reset does it?

ratherbeintobago

DJ’s can’t do it – he used to do all the Lefty serving when he worked for LL Bury but hasn’t got the tools and can’t get them.

LL Bury currently send theirs to LL Nottingham (which is, confusingly, actually in Derby) – IIRC turnround was about two weeks and it cost me about £100, though I suspect it might be faster if you take it off the bike and deal direct with Nottingham (otherwise it goes in the LL van when it’s going between branches) as you’ve done.

I don’t know whether the tools are the issue so much as getting new needle bearing cages etc.

Andy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Getting a lefty serviced North West?’ is closed to new replies.