Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Geneva to Bour St Maurice….with bikes
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

Anyone got the name of any companies / idea of costs for a transfer between Geneva airport and B-S-M?

Looking at sorting a trip to Les Arcs for July.

Cheers,

honourablegeorge

Coolbus are nice folks.

Coolbus.co.uk

imnotamused
    Free Member

I know you’re not asking this, but will you have a guide for the hol? If not you’ll be very disappointed with the place and I’m wondering if because you don’t have transport arranged you may not be on a guided hol?

honourablegeorge

Coolbus do good guiding.

Coolbus.co.uk

wallop

It’s not necessarily true that if you don’t have a guide you will be disappointed. Just buy a map from the Super U.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Wasn’t planning on having a guide (for the whole trip). Will defo look into getting one for a day or two.
    Spoken to a few mates who say with a map, bit of homework it can still be enjoyed.

imnotamused
    Free Member

We used a map and a guide for 2 days and while the guided days were good the rest of the week was rubbish and put me right off the place. You have been warned…

Northwind

Of our week in the area, the worst day was at Les Arcs I reckon- not that it was bad at all, it just wasn’t amazing. I’m sure it’s got more to offer than that, it was day one of the holiday so I think the routes were probably picked with a bit of “learning the group” in mind, but the trails up and down the valley were a step above.

wallop

If you are vehicle-less you can still enjoy La Rosiere – there is a free bus from Bourg up to Seez with an MTB trailer – we caught it from the Le Versoyen campsite.

honourablegeorge

I was up here. It was great.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Do people not have GPS routes recorded from when they went guiding?

Deveron53
    Free Member

What about Train? It’s about 50 quid return and takes 5 hours. You’ll have to ring Raileurope 0844 848 4078 to book bikes.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Can you get the train from Geneva airport?

Deveron53
    Free Member

You need to get a train from the airport to the centre and change to a different train. Bikes should be ok, boxed or unboxed. Or you could ride. Remember, this is a European city. It has cycle friendly facilities and routes. The Swiss hate cars!
    checkout the links on the airport homepage:
    Geneva Airport

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Geneva to Bour St Maurice….with bikes’ is closed to new replies.