Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Geneva airport to Chamonix with a bike box?
  • hutchweb

Am going to Chamonix end of May, cheap accommodation (lifts are closed!) and will be taking my Stumpjumper for XC with views. Rest of the family are getting picked up by minibus, which apparently can’t take my bike box.
    Any advice on how get me and the box to Chamonix? the usuals like chamexpress seem very vague about extra luggage.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have you called Chamexpress ? My experience with these sorts of transfer companies is they are quite flexible if you organize in advance. A bike box is only the same size as a few suitcases.

Ski Transfers link (who also run a chalet in Morzine and with whom I’ve stayed with on biking holidays) will take you and your bike, why don’t you book the whole family with them.

chief9000
    Free Member

I cant really envisage a problem for this. These transfer companies are used to carrying a load of people plus very bulky luggage (bags, plus snowboards and skis).

bullandbladder
    Free Member

+1 for Chamexpress

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve used Ski Lifts twice (once with bike and once without) and they were great both times (he even dropped me off at a bar instead of the chalet last time I went!)

supertacky
    Free Member

+1 for Ski Lifts. Really easy to use. Texts before they arrive good communication and take bikes in a trailer.

hutchweb

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will enquire further with chamexpress and Ski Lifts. I didn’t know whether their vagueness over luggage was because it isn’t a hassle or they wanted to fleece me like the airlines do!

hutchweb

Right at the end of the booking process you can select your luggage requirements with Chamexpress and a mountain bike is 0 euros! extra.
    So thanks again for the advice.
    Adrian

lorax

I used Chamexpress a couple of weeks ago and they were very good – I’d definitely use them again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Geneva airport to Chamonix with a bike box?’ is closed to new replies.