Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Genesis Fortitude!
  • spyke85
    Free Member

Anyone seen one yet?

Thinking of getting one for my commute, mixture of road, old railway line and canal towpath. 17 miles in total.

Would put some 700×42 tyres on it instead of the 29er ones it comes with, so no knobblies.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Genesis’ Day One either in flat or drop bar versions sounds better for that ride to me.

spyke85
    Free Member

I’m after the 1×10 set up.

Don’t want a singlespeed or alfine.

rootes1

why not just get a decent hybrid?

spyke85
    Free Member

Too boring

rootes1

Too boring

nah sensible – it will look better than 29er with thin tyres..

if you wnat something ‘different looking’ then perhaps something from the Salsa stable?

chakaping
    Free Member

I like Genesis bike names.

Wonder if they’ve considered making a recumbent and calling it the Quaalude?

spyke85
    Free Member

Name a hybrid then…don’t say Crosstrail

rootes1

Name a hybrid then…don’t say Crosstrail

Would never say crosstrail as they are very ugly..

if you get a hybrid you will be able to fit proper mudguards etc – these are essential for a commuter bike..

up to you though..

Whyte

Roadrat

also lot of nice biked from Fahrrad Manufaktur http://tinyurl.com/8yrnowh

Scott

And in salsa: 1×10

Can be build up with flat bars if required

corroded
    Free Member

Really like the idea of the Fortitude Adventure (Alfine) – a bike with mudguards I can commute on without killing suspension forks in grit etc, stick knobblies on for a XC spin and add racks for overnight escapades. Definitely in the market, though a Day One probably better if you don’t want to offroad much. They get into the shops later in Feb I gather.

woody2000

Full length guards on the roadrat don’t really work due to the stupid slidy mech hanger thing. I guess you might have similar issues with alfine or anything else with horizontal dropouts? Can’t get the back wheel out without faffing with the guard – unless I’m being a bit fick?

I like the look of that Whyte 🙂

rootes1

Full length guards on the roadrat don’t really work due to the stupid slidy mech hanger thing. I guess you might have similar issues with alfine or anything else with horizontal dropouts? Can’t get the back wheel out without faffing with the guard – unless I’m being a bit fick?

I like the look of that Whyte

here is a tip… if you have track ends etc and you fit SKS proper guards – then get some extra SKS secu-clips..

these are fitted to the front stays to break away if you get something jammed..

if you also fit some to the rear it allows you to quickly unpop the rear stays allowing you to take the wheel out easier – I have some on my Pearson single speed with track ends works really well.

ian martin
    Free Member

I fancied getting a fortitude and selling my cotic soul and genesis day one.

rOcKeTdOg

Do it, if u get a hybrid you’re stuck with that size of tyre, get the Genesis and have the option of putting fatties on it, no brainer really

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

nice yes, but a bit Emporer’s new clothes? 😉

stevebrc
    Free Member

I have a Fortitude Adventure. Commuted on it as stock for a few days, 20miles round trip. It was fine. Roughly 2 mins each way slower than the Day One Cross SS I’d usually commute on. Obviously you’d expect a geared bike to be quicker than SS on a relatively flat ride but the fatter tyres slow it down.

The Alfine wasn’t 100% so that’s back at Shimano for a fix but once the bike is back on the road I plan to use it more for commuting.

I’ve also had the Fortitude off road once, and it worked well, but the places I ride off road are very hilly and the gearing was all wrong, but a 20t at the back should sort that.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Fortitude!’ is closed to new replies.