Genesis Fortitude SS vs. Ritchey P29

Home Forum Bike Forum Genesis Fortitude SS vs. Ritchey P29

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Genesis Fortitude SS vs. Ritchey P29
  • Premier Icon letmetalktomark
    Subscriber

I have a Fortitude. Its an adventure frame built up with my own parts.

Its different to my other 29ers being non suspension corrected but different (IMHO) in a good way.

If costs were the same I would be asking myself if I thought I wanted to run suspension forks now or in the future. If the answer was ridged all then I would be looking at the Genesis.

That said it would be worth a test ride as the ride position is racier ( again IMO) as it has a lower front end.

Weight wise …. Mines just under 29lbs but thats with an Alfine and a build based on comfort.

Any help?

drotos

Thanks!

Do You have any idea of the frame weight in size “M”?

Premier Icon letmetalktomark
    Subscriber

Not off of the top of my head.

I bought mine from the rather helpful chaps at 18Bikes so maybe worth a call to them?

drotos

I ride a full-rigid 26″ Inbred SS, but I’m thinking about a 29er… What about the two frames mentioned above? I like the Paragon dropout of the P 29, but that’s on the heavy side, and the frame alone costs more than the complete build of the Fortitude. But what about the weight of the Fortitude? (Frame, especially.) And the non-supsension 445mm forks?

I’d like to build/buy a race specific machine, not a tourer.

Any other options?

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

There’s also the Genesis High Latitude SS frame that is susp fork compatible.

drotos

I like to ride full-rigid… 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Fortitude SS vs. Ritchey P29’ is closed to new replies.