Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gender reassignment – full post op singlespeed
  • breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Having stripped the gears off my ’97 clockwork and run it single speed for the last couple of years I’m now thinking of going whole hog and having the rear drop outs ‘changed’ to horizontal drop out (and while there at it fit some disk brake mounts) – so the question is this feasible and where best to have it done in the Leeds Bradford area

woody2000

Bob Jackson in Bramley or Ellis Briggs in Shipley might be your best bets? No reason they couldn’t weld you some different dropouts and a disc mount AFAIK

jonb
    Free Member

Surely for the price you’d be as well buying a new frame?!

ciron
    Free Member

I posted a similar quesition a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/welding-horizontal-dropouts

Stoner had some good advice, although I didn’t ask about the disk mounts.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Thing is a new frame would have modern geometry – my clockwork is a fantastic ride (with gears or not) I like the low front end and arse in the air style – it makes a great contrast to my very modern Yeti

Ciron – that is an intresting discussion – I‘ve thought about eccentric BB – but feel the horizontal drops would still better – After 12 years of abuse the paint work is not all that it once was so needs powder coating – the idea is to retain the old skool stuff – flat bars – bar ends– low front but then give it a more contemporary look with lots of carbon – disk brakes and stuff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gender reassignment – full post op singlespeed’ is closed to new replies.