Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin -type-thing advice for clueless technophobes.
  • johnnymarone
    Free Member

So the Missus tells me she wants a “Garmin sort of thing” so that she can keep track of activity, heart rate, calories burned ,etcetera. She would also ideally love for it to be compatible with Strava, she loves a bit of strava.
    Now I’m no help to her at all, my watches have all been analogues since I was 14. I notice quite a few of you are into Ironmans and that, so any advice you could give would be very much appreciated .
    We are no Ironpeople here in this house though, so just the basics as described would be ideal I think. Thanks.

scotroutes

Forerunner 35 will likely do all she needs.

Set up an account on Garmin Connect and it’ll sync, via that, to Strava.

P20

I’m happy with my vivoactive 3. Dcrainmaker is pretty good for reviews

lunge

Forerunner 45 (update on the 35 which was/is also great) is a good starting point.
    The Vivoactive and Venu ranges are are also great, and worth a look.

firestarter
    Free Member

My Mrs has a fr235 she will be selling as she has just ordered a fr245 music , its in aqua and its in v v good condition as she only uses it for runs as she doesn’t wear a watch , very good watches its what I have too but mines black

nostrils
    Free Member

Missus has the forerunner 30 which is very easy to use (if a bit basic), can be found very cheap too!

lucky7500

My brother has a Garmin Forerunner 745 which seems to be a fantastic bit of kit. Good for running, cycling, and swimming.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin -type-thing advice for clueless technophobes.’ is closed to new replies.