Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin Forerunner 35 – strap issues
  • superstu
    Free Member

I have the forerunner 35 which I use for an everyday watch, but more importantly for recording rides (and the very occasional run). However, if I wear it for more than a few days I inevitably get very bad rash/soreness akin almost to a burn.

anyone else have this issue and found a way to cure it? I think it’s worse when I get wet but never had this with other watches. Looking for aftermarket straps but only appear to be other silicon straps, so not convinced I won’t just encounter the same issue (unless someone tells me different). I’d prefer a rubber or even leather strap but can’t see any.

Shame as I don’t want to retire it (found the watch to be spot on for what I want) but similarly don’t want a red and inflamed wrist!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Daft question, but do you wear it overly tight?

I had the same problem with mine when I first bought it assuming it had to be tight to get a decent HR reading, loosened it off and no problems since.

superstu
    Free Member

Not a silly question at all…but I do wear it quite loose. The strap has so many holes you can adjust it to three or four positions and still be comfortable. However even when wearing it quite loosely I still get the issue.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have the Foreunner 235HR and the original strap was a bit awkward feeling, maybe a bit too rigid? but my ebay £4.50 replacement strap is a lot softer and much more comfortable. No problems at all for me.

robbo1234biking

I had the same issue but couldn’t solve it. I tried wearing it looser etc. Would take it of during the day whilst at work to minimise wear but nothing worked. Ended up selling it on I am afraid. Sorry to not offer more help!

superstu
    Free Member

Robbo that sounds familiar!

chestrockwell

Same happened here when I first had it. As said, seemed worse when moisture got behind it. Seems to have cleared up now though and had no problems for a while so maybe worth giving it a bit longer?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Forerunner 35 – strap issues’ is closed to new replies.