Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • garmin edge 1000 problems
  • snap
    Free Member

ive just bought an edge 1000 but cant load any courses onto it
    ive tried loading garmin express but my current mac operating system but apparently its to old
    ive loaded the app onto my iphone and bluetoothed it to the garmin , it states its paired
    but when i try to send course to device nothing happens

help
    thanks

cloudnine
    Free Member

Have you got the latest firmware on the garmin?
    Ive had intermittant problems syncing via bluetooth with a garmin 510.
    Sometimes it takes numerous attempts at turning bluetooth and connect on and off before it will sync.

njee20
    Free Member

Can you not just open it as a drive in the Mac version of Windows Explorer and drag and drop them to “new files”. that’s what you do on a PC.

snap
    Free Member

HI….Just looked and theres a new firmware update but apparently you need garmin express , i cant get garmin express because the operating system is to old

munkster
    Free Member

If it’s anything like the 810 IIRC when you send a course from the iPhone Connect app to the Garmin (wirelessly/bluetoothly) nothing happens until you do a sync. As mentioned above this synching doesn’t always happen immediately or when you think it will and you have to restart things to remind it of its duty 🙂

Edit: I don’t use Garmin Express to transfer wirelessly, in fact my PC isn’t involved in that transaction at all.

njee20
    Free Member

Got a smart phone? Pair it via Bluetooth and update that way. I think you can even do it on wifi, without any other device. Mine tells me about updates periodically and isn’t paired very often.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘garmin edge 1000 problems’ is closed to new replies.