Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Garmin Connect – is it always this s**t?
  • bikemike1968
    Free Member

The Garmin website is the slowest, buggiest piece of **** ever.
    I either can’t log in, get a blank page, someone else’s routes or “you are not authorised to view this page”.
    I’m at the end of my tether – I like the watch but the website is appalling.
    I’ve tried chrome, Firefox and even Microsoft Explorer, but it is just as bad on all of them.
    Is it just me? I’m tempted to throw the f’ing thing in the bin right now…

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Yep!! “you need to download Garmin express” !! No I don`t I have it already, stop asking every time!!

singlespeedstu

Are you talking about the new Connect site that’s been forced on me this weekend?
    The old one was fine. No idea what’s going on with the new one.

colournoise

Both are frustrating, but the new one seems to be a whole different level of awful (shouldn’t really be as they’ve been trialling it for ages). We have a REALLY slow connection anyway, so difficult to judge the speed of the site but navigation, etc. is just gash.

Dibbs
    Free Member

It’s pretty bad most of the time but more so at weekends especially Sundays.

scotroutes

I’ve got used to it, I guess but Sundays are awful. If you’re not in a hurry, try it again later or tomorrow.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I love it now its working for me. I just can’t wait for its next upgrade to stop working again though!

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Been using the old site until this evening when it’s forced me onto the new one. Absolute pile of crap.

sgn23
    Free Member

Generally it’s average with a few blips every now and then, but they seem to be having a bad day today as per theirstatus page

atlaz
    Free Member

People actually use it? Most people I know use it to shunt data into Strava and that’s it

simondbarnes

What atlaz said

Haze

Can be a bit flakey at times, life is much better now I can upload over bluetooth with my phone.

People actually use it

Yeah, it syncs up nicely with Training Peaks, saves having to upload to multiple locations…though I guess if Strava have a sync with TP then I’d probably drop Connect…

simondbarnes

Can you not sync with TP without actually having to open GC?

Haze

Could possibly upload directly there, but I like that I can hit the upload button and it will sync to both Strava & TP.

Bought a 520 a few weeks ago so don’t really need to login to GC to upload everything, much nicer!

Duggan

Yes it’s crap. I have a forerunner 220 watch for running and that’s glitchy as **** as well, not sure if it’s just mine. Even my garmin edge 25 which is quite new is very buggy, maybe I’m just expecting too much but it’s not like they’re cheap

scratch
    Free Member

Time spent in zone Garmin chumps, add that in and we’re starting to get somewhere….
    For 510 peeps, I’m not paying £180 for a 520 for it

souldrummer
    Free Member

It was shocking this afternoon. It uploaded my ride after several attempts, but took hours to sync with Strava. In the meantime I put the ride in manually. It was only when I saw I had rec’d kudos from a friend that I realised it had done its stuff!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I preferred the old version of it, crude but easily the better of the two portals. “Modern” version is ok, ok once you get ride of all the front page guff and load all the normal stuff that you want to see on it.

For creating courses, both have been a PITA, neither being better than the other. One main bug bear for me is the fact you can create a course, but then can’t save that same course as a different cause, by that I mean rename it. For some reason, only known to the coders at Garmin, you simply over write the original file..

Which is ludicrous .

Other than that, in Modern, creating a course then saving it by trying to scroll up on the page is MADNESS. The save function should be in the toolbar. It’s frustrating at best the constant zoom in/out wobbly screen panic attacks I get without the unnecessary angst of not being able to save the file before you loose it.

I think Garmin employ A level grade coders…

But thats just my opinion of idiots.

scotroutes

Ah yes, it would be good to be able to duplicate the course, then edit one version rather that have to create two courses from scratch even though they might have only minor variations.

Other than that, in Modern, creating a course then saving it by trying to scroll up on the page is MADNESS. The save function should be in the toolbar. It’s frustrating at best the constant zoom in/out wobbly screen panic attacks I get without the unnecessary angst of not being able to save the file before you loose it.

Not sure I understand this one. The Save button is on my (PC) screen outside the map window and doesn’t roll off the screen. Must be a screen resolution thing where smaller screens aren’t tall enough for the (non-resizable) map window.

Have you tried using Basecamp instead?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Connect – is it always this s**t?’ is closed to new replies.