Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin 200 and Memory Map problem
  • Mounty_73

I have used a Garmin Edge 205 for years along with Memory Map. Using these I would import the tracks from the gps into Memory Map.

My gps died and I now have a Garmin 200, but for some reason it will not connect or show up within Memory Map.

The gps does show as a drive/device in Windows.

I am using Windows 10, I also tried the set up on Windows 7, so I’m guessing its either memory map or the device….

Any ideas?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Have you tried Mapsource?

Download it from the Garmin website, unzip and then start the installation.

Mounty_73

Have you tried Mapsource?

No, I will give that a go now 🙂

Mounty_73

Installed MapSource, but it looks like the software cant find my gps, just tried ‘Receive From Device’ but it cant see my gps?

Sandwich

Have you hard reset the Garmin? If the history data and profiles are important back them up first. Garmin support has all the necessary information available to you for carrying out these tasks.

Having excess history files on the device can cause problems so when restoring it leave out the older stuff, this usually means you need to mount the device on the desktop and delete out the activity files manually.

Mounty_73

I only had one route on the gps, however I have just reset the gps, the same problem it cant find the gps.

I have just checked the software on the gps and its the latest version 2.10

I have just installed Garmin Express and the device has been found and configured ok.

Any other ideas? 😉

Mounty_73

Just tried to send a route to the gps and this message popped up…

tthew

Easiest way with a 200 is just to use it as an external drive and pull a GPX into the New Files, (I think it’s called that, might be something similar) folder. Unplug and restart the unit and it generates a route for you.

CraigW
    Free Member

Try Garmin Basecamp, its the replacement for Mapsource, it works better with the newer Garmin models.

Mounty_73

I have installed Basecamp and it works with the gps. I have created a new ‘Garmin Adventure’ and imported the data from the gps, then I export the data to a GPS Exchange Format .gpx file.

The problem now is that Memory Map will not import or read the .gpx file???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 200 and Memory Map problem’ is closed to new replies.