Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Game of Thrones….
  • gonzy
    Free Member

i never got the chance to watch this when it first came on. i wanted to but at the time it was on it clashed with other stuff that were recording on the sky box.
    the first series is now being re-run on sky and i’m near the end of it…
    i have to admit that its pretty good, but there are some characters that i have taken an instant dislike to…

like that prince joffrey

he’s got one of those faces you could whack with a pair of bombers!!

clubber
    Free Member

You might want to put a spoilers alert on the title.

I’m part way through series 3. Have enjoyed it a lot so far.

Cougar

Not seeing any spoilers (yet)?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

But of course you like him, he’s a tyrannical despot who shows nothing but contempt for all human life except his own. Where would GoT be without him?

peterfile
    Free Member

I wasn’t keen on the idea of Game of Thrones and avoided it. Took the first season on a couple of long haul flights in November and was hooked. Really, really good.

2nd and 3rd seasons are even better than the first IMO.

jekkyl

Can’t wait for Joffreys wedding in the next season, that’ll be good. *cough* 😀

MasterOfNone
    Free Member

I think that is the point of Joffrey… and for that matter, most of the Lanisters with the exception of Tyrion…

They are the smug, holier than thou, big city dwelling southerners to the hard working down to earth Stark Northerners.

jekkyl

I love it. I love how the author hasn’t based westeros at all on the UK, with the wall and the heathens beyond it and all the rich horrible people in the south in Kings London, sorry landing. But all the nice people live in the north just below the wall, apart from the freys of course.

MasterOfNone
    Free Member

there are some remarkable likenesses to stereotypically british opinions…

i like it too. have loved the first three seasons, just hope the story delivers eventually and doesn’t just end up a disappointment… have been tempted to read the books to find out where its going, then i look at the size and number of the things and think… no.

peterfile
    Free Member

There’s something extremely likeable about this character (love the way she says “John Snow”!), she’s been cast brilliantly, one of my favourites. her and the half man 🙂

MasterOfNone
    Free Member

must say i’m a fan of that particular character myself… she does have a way with words.

gonzy
    Free Member

You might want to put a spoilers alert on the title.

dont worry about that….i am the architect of my own downfall when it comes to that…i couldnt resist having a sneak peek on wikipedia…still want to watch the rest of it though!!

But of course you like him, he’s a tyrannical despot who shows nothing but contempt for all human life except his own. Where would GoT be without him?

i know….but he looks and acts like a reet little shyster!! i still wanna lamp him with a pair of bombers (i think 888’s will do the trick!!) 😆

gonzy
    Free Member

one of my favourites. her and the half man

Tyrion Lannister is cunning…for that i like his character
    that daenerys targaryen isnt to bad either…

but what the heck is Owen Hargreaves doing on there?!

retro83
    Free Member

OP, let me give you a tip. Don’t get attached to any of the characters.

peterfile – Member

There’s something extremely likeable about this character (love the way she says “John Snow”!), she’s been cast brilliantly, one of my favourites. her and the half man

Yeah, that’s become a staple phrase of the ’83 household. Seeing her talking with her own accent was a bit of a shocker…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPdPTY_-icQ[/video]

MasterOfNone
    Free Member

I spotted a young joffrey in Batman Begins (young kid on the fire escape who is given a bat throwing-star momento) and felt the urge to punch him, despite not getting the feeling when watching the scene prior to having watched GoT… whoever the actor is muct fear for his life when out in real life after playing that character… only other person i have had the same feeling towards is Brian McFadden…

retro83
    Free Member

Master Of None – Member

I spotted a young joffrey in Batman Begins (young kid on the fire escape who is given a bat throwing-star momento) and felt the urge to punch him, despite not getting the feeling when watching the scene prior to having watched GoT… whoever the actor is muct fear for his life when out in real life after playing that character… only other person i have had the same feeling towards is Brian McFadden…

He actually seems a good bloke and hates celeb culture! Here’s his presentation to the Oxford union…given the content of his speech, the Q+A at the end is a bit cringey 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKboLTwzFTs[/video]

Edit: if you haven’t seen series 3, don’t read the post below!!

jekkyl

The character arc of Jamie Lannister is particularly interesting and one of the only characters to show growth and change. In the first season he is the nasty piece of work that throws bran from the tower, kills eddard starks men and commits incest with his lovely sister. Season 3 after imprisonment and losing his hand, sees Jamie learn some humility and honour, he manages to stop the men raping brienne of tarth and is able to secure her life by insisting that she accompany him to Kings London. We also learn that his greatest wickedest act, the slaying of the mad king from behind, was in fact an act which saved the whole city from being ignited in wildfire. Was he ever as bad as portayed?? We shall see what is in store for Jamie!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Nipple count was highest in the first series, I’m hoping for a return to form in the next.

cheers_drive

I’ve just started the 5th book. I’m not going to start watching it until I’ve finished all the books as I hate it when my image of people and places is spoilt by TV or film. The characters in the clips I have seen look far too Hollywood for my liking.

I assume they’ve upped the age of some characters as some in the book were doing naughty things whilst decidedly under age.

gonzy
    Free Member

Nipple count was highest in the first series, I’m hoping for a return to form in the next.

spartacus has a greater nipple count

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

If you liked Game of Thrones you might want to check out the History Channel’s Vikings. less sex, more violence, based on the viking sagas.
    trailers on youtube

callous
    Free Member

Having read all the books ‘so far’ the series have been better than I had hoped. The thought of everything being covered would be ridiculous. I just wonder how they will get around the ever growing list of characters to be bought in.

MrNice
    Free Member

Seeing her talking with her own accent was a bit of a shocker…

I wish i’d not seen that interview. My fantasies are ruined 😥

EDIT: I may have to resort to watching the previous work of this lady 😈

sobriety
    Free Member

Seeing her talking with her own accent

Sent me a but funny, I think I need to have a lie down in a darkened room

Edit: haha!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

You know nothing John Snurr…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones….’ is closed to new replies.