Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • FYI Jordan Peterson speaking in London in May
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Part of a promotional speaking tour for the book ’12 Rules for Life’, which I’m currently reading and is very interesting.

https://www.livenation.co.uk/show/1101793/dr-jordan-peterson-12-rules-for-life-tour-an-antidote-to-chaos/london/2018-05-13/en

kimbers

On international womens day?  😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cannot wait for you review of it – I am going for positive and he is a genius

ransos
    Free Member

Unevidenced assertions? Superficial politeness masking crude provocations? Portrayal of dominant chauvinism as radical and marginalized?

Sounds great. I’ll get my bingo card.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does he give out equal prizes?

yunki
    Free Member

I’m just watching the discussion he had with Russell Brand and so far, I’m absolutely enthralled.. What a great meeting of minds.

Halfway through and they seem to be cancelling out the more unpalatable aspects of each other’s bullshit to provide us with real wisdom.

footflaps

>Does he give out equal prizes?

Only to white heterosexual men, everyone else gets booed.

ransos
    Free Member

Just a few years ago, I was an unknown professor writing academic books that nobody read. Then, with God’s help, I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and develop my potential. Pinkos and wishy-washy liberals had cornered the market in cod psychology, so I guessed there must be a huge hunger for a self-help book, backed up with religion, mythology, CAPITAL LETTERS and stating the obvious – one directed at responsible, socially minded conservatives craving some pseudointellectual ideology to prop up their beliefs. And bingo! Here are my 12 Rules for Life.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jan/28/12-rules-for-life-an-antidote-to-chaos-by-jordan-b-peterson-digested-read

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

I’d never heard of him before until reading an article in the Guardian this morning. Promptly followed the link to the Cathy Newman interview and bloody hell did that 30 minutes fly by!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Hmmm. Tempting.  3 questions to help me decide:

1. Will it help me to re-discover and fulfill my natural God-given Darwinian level in the social dominance hierarchy as I defend the crumbling clffs of the Western Christian Dominant Male Island against the incessant waves of gender-fluid Communist bullies that are controlling our minds via the Universities/the media/the World which in turn is now almost entirely controlled by femi-Marxist unicornkins?

2.  Will the rest be like Deepak?  Because he really helped me clean my room which in turn helped me clean the sludge from my brain.

3.  Will it help men get more sex from dates?  *Edit – I’m married so that (for me) worthless segment could signal a good opportunity for me to nip out and fight some mouthy gaynicorns in the car park who will no-doubt be trying to punch my free speech in the mouth.

fasthaggis

Box of dates

yunki
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ll glean a great deal of wisdom from one erudite and opinionated professional do-gooder spouting off about how they think things are…

But get two erudite and opinionated professional do-gooders, who are evolved enough to communicate their opposing ideas to one another without getting all shirty, who are able to spontaneously refine and present those ideas in a form that the other will accept… then I think they start to create something useful.

footflaps

>1. Will it help me to re-discover and fulfill my natural God-given Darwinian level in the social dominance hierarchy as I defend the crumbling clffs of the Western Christian Dominant Male Island against the incessant waves of gender-fluid Communist bullies that are controlling our minds via the Universities/the media/the World which in turn is now almost entirely controlled by femi-Marxist unicornkins?

Quite probably.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Portrayal of dominant chauvinism as radical and marginalized?

Ok so how do you explain the overwhelmingly male demographic for his shows? It’s not like they are internet addicts or aren’t otherwise busy with their work/wives/families.  It’s because The Left has forcibly displaced man’s natural dominance in both the home and the workplace.  Why do you guess that there is no equivalent female Peterson?   Weird uh?  Well not really, it’s exactly because women/communists/unicornkins currently hold all of the cards and they forced white men into beta roles via technology and collective rape-guilt.  So there is no requirement for a female Peterson even if a woman were smart enough to be one.  What we have now is an illustration of an archetype.  Eve first tempting Adam by removing her hijab, and then when he made a grab she effectively bound him forever by accusing him of harrasment and rape-thoughts even though it was her intention to gain the upper hand by tempting him.

So now it is that any time the male seems like he is about to get the upper-hand, all of these ’empowered’ women just cry ‘rape’.  Of course, the sensible male would not wish to be tried in that kangaroo court and so have his life destroyed, so what does he do?  The male goes back to the computershed.  Back to the internet.  Deep inside the internet to find succour and comfort in the arms of identity politics.  I mean the fight against identity politics.  Wait.  Ok  This is why (for instance)  Alex Jones had the courage to reclaim his top-level dominance hierarchy among humans.  He knows he’s powerless against the interdimensionals, but he sure as HELL takes no shit.  Right?  Which reminds me, if I have time later we could maybe discuss the interesting narrative of He-Man vs Castle Grayskull.  I think that archetype is just amazing, man.  When you really think aboot it.  Though  I really wi$h I didn’t haveta.  I’m just afraid of what will happen if we let Them win.  (Do I hear a distant dogwhistle or is that tinnitus)?

johnners
    Free Member

Thanks for the link geetee but it looks like tickets are £171.25 which seems a high price to pay to listen to someone promoting their own damn book. Though that’s the VIP package so maybe you get a teeshirt.

Are you going?

IHN

Do you want me to ask my sister whether she wants to go with you?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I forgot to thank Getee for some time ago pointing me towards this character via an STW thread.  Dude, I got red-pilled.  I got woke.  You don’t need to spend the dough for a ticket, all it takes is 2x 6-hour+ sleepless Youtube marathons over two successive nights.  You’ll be red-pilled through from yr (previously blind) eyeballs to yr ass-vent.  Now?  Now I have clarity. The seductive and Truthful power of the internet is fearsome and no mistake.  Wifey got pissed, for sure, but now my bunker-shed is built and stocked with Restora-Male Vita-Juice so I’m fully prepared for the inevitable fall-out. Take that, snowflake cucktards.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Thanks for the link geetee but it looks like tickets are £171.25 which seems a high price to pay to listen to someone promoting their own damn book. Though that’s the VIP package so maybe you get a teeshirt.

Are you going?

Not at that price. I settled for just reading his book.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Wtf is wrong with you guys?

on the same original link is this and you haven’t commented? Emasculated muppets…

https://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/kylie-tickets

footflaps

>Not at that price.

Cheaper to just read the Daily Mail / Express. You get the same sense of outrage for being an oppressed white male in a world gone mad with PC.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and its all the fault of marxist

nickc

I read an article about the good Prof and his book a while ago when the book came out, and the interviewer asked him what his worst habit was, Peterson suggested that he was bad at following his own advice…make of that what you will.

ransos
    Free Member

Cheaper to just read the Daily Mail / Express. You get the same sense of outrage for being an oppressed white male in a world gone mad with PC.

Yeah, but this is outrage with bigger words. Faux-intellectualism for the unthinking person: you can’t put a price on that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Really, masculinity in danger? How about being a dick is a dangerous thing, pretending being a man grant’s you something is dangerous?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’d never heard of him before until reading an article in the Guardian this morning. Promptly followed the link to the Cathy Newman interview and bloody hell did that 30 minutes fly by!

<div>I’m normally a fan of Newman but she made an arse of that one. Wasn’t even interested in a debate.</div>

Three_Fish
    Free Member

What are your criticisms of Jordan Peterson, Greg?

DrJ

How did I guess who the OP was before opening the thread?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😁

nickc

Thought thid was relevant and thought provoking.

From the evening Standard? I doubt it.

johnners
    Free Member

Thought thid was relevant and thought provoking.

I thought it was a load of vague waffle. I thought this was thought provoking

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/03/19/jordan-peterson-and-fascist-mysticism/

IHN

Agreed, masculinity is not in danger, it’s just no longer accepted that having a dick is an acceptable reason for being a dick.

DrJ

I’m normally a fan of Newman

I’m normally not. She’s just the token Tory idiot on the otherwise excellent C4 news.

footflaps

I thought this was thought provoking

yep, good read.

Closer examination, however, reveals Peterson’s ageless insights as a typical, if not archetypal, product of our own times: right-wing pieties seductively mythologized for our current lost generations.

Sums it up nicely!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

By looking at the “author” column on the forum overview page?!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘FYI Jordan Peterson speaking in London in May’ is closed to new replies.