Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Furthest you have travelled to buy a bike?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

We had a few strange looks…

Deservedly so.

takisawa2

Thankfully, he didn’t insist on climbing into the back of our Verso to try it out… 🙂

Merak

I drove from Glasgow to Harrogate to pick this up.

boblo
    Free Member

So Jamie, been out on your Boredman (he he) yet?

Jamie
    Free Member

So Jamie, been out on your Boredman (he he) yet?

Not yet, no. In fact, I might be selling it on already…heh.

Funnily enough, I actually took it to Bristows. Just to get them to give it the once over, torque everything up etc, as I was in the area and asked if they could fit me in. Which they did the same day.

Bit pricey, though. 😡

gears_suck
    Free Member

4,379 miles. Bought a gunnar ruffian on eBay from a guy in Louisiana. Had him ship it to my buddies bike shop in Fayetteville Arkansas and picked it up when I got there. Brought it back to Stourbridge in a flight case on the plane.

drofluf
    Free Member

4,379 miles. Bought a gunnar ruffian on eBay from a guy in Louisiana. Had him ship it to my buddies bike shop in Fayetteville Arkansas and picked it up when I got there. Brought it back to Stourbridge in a flight case on the plane

Think that beats my flying out to New York for a bike then*….

*Although to be honest I was relocated there for work so bought one online to be delivered to my apartment for when I arrived.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

lived in Philly, bought a frame off MTBR classifieds from San Fran , this was in the pre-Paypal days. He shipped it to me with a note saying “if you like it send me a check, if you don’t then send it back”. 3000 miles probably a bit far to pwn me with bombers if I didnt pay up! I paid for and kept it, then brought it back to the UK when I moved back. Eventually sold it when I had to give up riding HTs due to a back injury, drove ~100 mile round trip to meet the buyer at Swinley and give him a test ride/me a farewell blast.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Haven’t moved from the laptop for most of my bikes.

I did venture down the end of the road to the lbs for my first roadie.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Furthest you have travelled to buy a bike?’ is closed to new replies.