Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • FSA wheel help
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Bought some FSA wheels new from a mate. The freehub is nice and tight and freewheels well. When fitted with a cassette and into the bike it is super stiff if i back pedal and the chain goes slack..

How do i get teh freehub off (sealed bearings) and what could be the cause? Tight bearings?

I am good with my pro2s but cannot see how to get the spacer off the free hub on the fsa wheels 🙁

i *think* they are xc 2 or 300s

wwaswas

check the cassette isn't catching on the hub or spokes – some hubs need a small spacer 'tween cassette and spokes to stop them binding.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not that – checked

Dibbs
    Free Member

Do the hubs look anything like these?
    FSA hub overhaul

racing_ralph
    Free Member

no they are xc300s i think

tazzymtb

to get the free hub off you need to take out the opposite side bearings and then use a very LONG 11mm allen key to undo the free hub.(best way is to put the bendy bit of the allen key in a bench vice and cit the wheel on the long bit and the undo it like a big steering wheel, because the bugger are tight!) bearings seem to last quite well but the freehub is not a self service unit, i made a tool to get into the bugger and can now serice mine on a regular basis.

coatesy
    Free Member

You may also have difficulty getting hold of an 11mm allen key, nobody seems to list them, but a 7/16" AF turns out to be identical and available from any tool shop.Get a good one as they are usually well tight as mentioned above.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

got one cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘FSA wheel help’ is closed to new replies.