Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Front end and Brakes
  • RegP
    Free Member

Hi all,

Been off the site for a bit and not been biking for a while, now back biking using an old bike that has had not had to much use.

I built it up a few years ago. It is a Global ti frame, hardtail with Fox RLC air shoxs on the front.

I am finding that the front end washes out very easily. Any ideas why this is?

Also I need some new disk brakes been looking at Hope as always had these before, I have noticed that the way they are fitted seems to have changed is this correct? In stead of the screws going in parrel they seem to get screwed I from behind is this correct, can you get adapters if you have old style fittings on your bike.

Cheers in advance

Reg

qwerty
    Free Member

tyres

james
    Free Member

You can fit new style post mount (74mm) brake calipers (most are like this now) onto old style IS mount (52mm) fork mounts.
    Need a post mount to IS mount adaptor. Most brakes come supplied with them

The washing out sounds like tyres, carrying too much speed into corners, forgetting how to corner as well as you used to and braking while cornering?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Lean further forwards going round bends, old perished tyres?

RegP
    Free Member

Not old tyres, they are a pair of tigora’s. Just wondering if I have got the geomerty rwong on the bike. Such as put to to much travel on the front!

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Washing out can also be caused by rebound being too fast/slow…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Front end and Brakes’ is closed to new replies.