Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 698 – Up To No Good Edition
  • Ben_Haworth

Roll up! Roll up! Come get yer Fresh goods ‘ere! Good Friday today, which means the Annual Chocolate Celebration is almost upon us.

By ben_haworth

Fresh Goods Friday 698 – Up To No Good Edition

Get the full story here:

Fresh Goods Friday 698 – Up To No Good Edition

tomhoward

Already running an MRP Bartlett on my 160mm Deviate Guide, love the stiffness of the fork architecture, but the damping leaves a little to be desired, interested in how the formula performs.

dartdude
    Free Member

Actually disappointed Tom that you haven’t a carbon Dorado.

sillyoldman

Is that a tube spacer to prevent bearing side load like on Profile style BMX cranks? If they were featured on basic BBs, bearing life would be massively extended.

sharkattack

I’ve been saying for years that I think dual crown enduro forks are inevitable. We just need the big 2 to milk every penny from every possible iteration of fat, heavy, creaky single crowns.

Then they’ll arrive with the ‘next big thing’ which is magically stiffer and lighter etc.

tomhoward

‘Actually disappointed Tom that you haven’t a carbon Dorado.’

Next bike will have something similar, but not exactly that 😉

sharkattack

Rulezman?

tomhoward

Possibly, but more likely a stock Intend Infinity, probably. So a full DH fork rather than enduro, but still, upside down, DC and enduro-able

stumpy01

That Focus hides it’s e-bikeness well. Looks pretty nice & svelte(-ish).

Prices wrong on those Crank Bros tools, Shirley (although probably not)? £100 for a bottle cage & multi tool or £120 for 2 teeny boxes and a multi tool  🤣

mashr

Then they’ll arrive with the ‘next big thing’ which is magically stiffer and lighter etc.

You mean 20mm axles are coming back?! Woohoo!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

@tomhoward not the Push 9.1?

Re the Maxhit BB, great idea but it’s not the bearing size that causes me issue, it’s dirt ingress.

Re twin crown forks, anyone remember the Judy XL? I think even long legged trail bikes have got to the point now where twin crown forks would be a good idea

danp63

I love Michellin wild enduros, have them on all my bikes but part of the attraction is the price. These better be significantly better for the money. At least schwalbe can claim some sustainability credentials for the premium price tag.

tomhoward

Nah, single crown innit. Doing a DH bike next.

SID XL FTW

fahzure

Keep your powder dry, Tom. There’s an EXciTing USD option soon to come.

didnthurt

That Focus might be the best looking ebike I’ve seen. Very discreet.

tomhoward

‘Keep your powder dry, Tom. There’s an EXciTing USD option soon to come.’

Yeah, I’m in no rush, so we’ll see 😊

b33k34

One of the things that keeps people coming back to Maxxis/Schwalbe and Continental is that their tyres remain consistent – if you buy a DHF you know the tread is the DHF tread.  Their compounds have had the same name for years and are self explanatory.  MaxxGrip is softer.  Easy.  Continental – compounds endurance/soft/super soft.  easy.

I like the old Wild Enduros, even though I’m still not clear on magi-x vs gum-x and have to spend time working out which is which before ordering (the magi x is for ‘experts’ but the gum x has ‘lower stiffness for better handling’. Both have ‘more grip’).

But now theres a Enduro Rear ‘racing line’ that seems to have a different tread to the ‘Enduro rear’ and the MS and MH “racing line”.  So it’s a different tyre, not really a variant.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.