Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 623: Rechargeable Battering Edition
  • charliedontsurf

This is the “Wintro”. The intro of winners. What have we won exactly? We’ve won the satisfaction of making it through another week. We’ve won ourselves a weekend.

By charliedontsurf

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 623: Rechargeable Battering Edition

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

nickc

Who buys white MTB shoes? Honestly

tthew

Heh, there’s an Astro Wars just like that, (inc. the box) at my dad’s house. You think the start-up tune is good, just wait until you complete it at 10,000 points and reveal the majesty of the Victory Tune!

andyspaceman

nickc

Was just thinking that @nickc, just in time for the slop of winter!

TheGingerOne

Still got a boxed Astro Wars at my parents, though the box is very tatty.

Cougar

I finally threw out my old Astro Wars a couple of years ago. It hadn’t worked in years, as a kid I realised that if you upped the voltage on the power adapter the display went really bright. Higher voltage still and it went really really bright, briefly, and then very dark permanently.

The one photographed / purchased here, there’s a mismatch. The box is for a mark 1, the game itself is a mark 2.

just wait until you complete it at 10,000 points and reveal the majesty of the Victory Tune!

IIRC it’s the same tune as the ‘end of game’ fanfare before it loops back to the first level, only three or four times over.

IHN

The one photographed / purchased here, there’s a mismatch. The box is for a mark 1, the game itself is a mark 2.

I mean, now, fair credit when it’s due, that is quite spectacular levels of spoddery 🙂

sanername

I don’t think there will ever be a better explanation of the geek – nerd – dork continuum.

Sandwich

That anorak @Cougar, where’s it from? 🙂

IHN

I see Hannah is on the road to true West Yorkshire feminine fashion…

desperatebicycle

Can’t help but think it appears to say
    Q Who voted for this?
    A Greenpeace

maybe that’s just me 😛

Cougar

I mean, now, fair credit when it’s due, that is quite spectacular levels of spoddery 🙂

Here all week. 😁

gazzab1955

as already said …………. white MTB shoes, really!!

Maybe if you live in California and shop on Rodeo Drive ……..

Is someone really selling these in the UK, in Autumn when the heavy rain and associated gloop are the order of the day? Must be marketing men/women working from home somewhere very dry and sunny 🙂

tthew

IIRC it’s the same tune as the ‘end of game’ fanfare before it loops back to the first level, only three or four times over.

Given you spotted the non-standard box, I’d probably best defer to your expertise. Plus I think I only heard it once or twice. 🫤

Northwind

nickc

I had the old Shimano AMs… But they still looked good once they were manky and destroyed. Just as well since the white started coming off pretty much straight away

chipps

@northwind – the Shimano ‘Stormtrooper’ shoes? They were lovely and white, with bold black. Until they went beige – and stayed that way, somewhere around the third ride…

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter where you live with those white shoes you’ll never keep them white, dust or mud will discolour that tongue material in no time, spotted them on janaynay’s vlog looking quite grubby.

I have to say Hannah’s enthusiasm for modelling knows no bounds.😃

didnthurt

Cheers for awarding me with thread of the week, I’ve sent you an email with my address.

Thanks again.

desperatebicycle

I seem to remember a lot of riders in the Downhill WC wearing the white shoes. Which means there will be plenty purchased for riding at the likes of Rogate etc. to go with the neon pyjama look

chaos

Didn’t MVdP manage to keep his shoes spotlessly white on a muddy Paris-Roubaix?

Could be the same stuff…

gazzab1955

@Cougar you were only one post away from have your moniker directly below Nora Batty!

didnthurt

Received my free gift today along with a sticker. I’ll be affixing the sticker to the cross bike once it’s had a wash.

IMG_20221026_103025678

Thanks again.

IHN

Received my free gift today along with a sticker.

Lucky you, I’m still waiting for mine from the other week 🙁

matt_outandabout

Blizzard Blanket & Blizzard Jacket

Having spent a few hours being a practice dummy for MRT in the highlands, I cannot recommend these or alternatives enough. 3+ hours sat in wet and snow, and I kept warm with all my layers on and this. As soon as they removed me from the bivvy bag to pop on a stretcher, I could feel the cold. The multilayer things are sooooo much better than old school orange big plastic bag.
    We have two foil/orange SOL branded ones on top of our ultralight bothy bag.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.