Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 622: Get Yr Vote On Edition
  • Ben_Haworth

Hip hop hooray it is Friday! Round these parts it’s all been about the Singletrack World Reader Awards.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 622: Get Yr Vote On Edition

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the button below.

IdleJon

How cheap? 😀

I wouldn’t even trust my oldest, sweatiest helmet with that item that pretends to be a lock.

(Just because people complain about ‘how expensive’ every week there’s no reason to promote goods that are completely unfit for purpose but cheap.)

alan1977
    Free Member

in al lseriousness, what’s wrong with that lock?
    it’s the highest rating for insurance isnt it?
    im not convinced any chain can’t be cut through a in a few minutes with a portable angle grinder

Harry_the_Spider

A £28 inner tube? WTaF?

seriousrikk

Wonder if those Endura socks will be a stupidly sized as their main competitors.
    Or, anyone know of decent waterproof socks where people who are size nine dont end up with a sock that will accommodate up to a size 11 (with all the associated bagginess)

seriousrikk

im not convinced any chain can’t be cut through a in a few minutes with a portable angle grinder

Can’t help thinking the lock being referred to was the one below it.

footflaps

The shock linkage on the Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Comp makes my brain hurt just trying to figure out how it moves……

footflaps

Oxford Combi Zip Lock – just a complete copy of Hiplock version, which is my main cafe lock for my road bike….

philstone

The Kenevo SL – I (well my wife) have one, but now I’m looking at that picture I can’t tell you!! 😂

uggski

The shock linkage on the Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Comp makes my brain hurt just trying to figure out how it moves……

I thought that as well. Lots of bearings to replace 🙁

footflaps

The Kenevo SL – I (well my wife) have one, but now I’m looking at that picture I can’t tell you!!

Take a video – I’d love to know!

Lots of bearings to replace

and lots of spaces for mud to collect….

matt_outandabout

Hey, delayed thread time.

Some ace pics of the summer gone.

I need me an autumnal colours and riding thread now….

doomanic

I wish my wages had gone up even half as much as that Kenevo. From £7k to £7750 in the space of a few months.

zerocool

I’ve got a couple of the Hiplock zip ties and they’re great for the bike and/or trailer in a playground (where you’ll be able to see it the whole time but need to stop someone just grabbing it. Not secure enough to leave out of sight. Also good for helmets, etc.
    when you’re pedalling around with 2 3 year olds and 2 balance bikes in s trailer (plus all the other crap small kids need) a heavy lock can be one step too far!

tangent
    Free Member

security aside, I like using the zip ties type locks to ensure my bike is snug against the parking rack and does not get tipped / fall over (crunch expesive parts)

Northwind

alan1977
    Free Member

I think idlejon was talking about the little ziptie lock, but tbh the yale lock will be shit too. You’re right that anything can be cut with a grinder, though it does take less or more time. But a professional will break that lock with croppers, near silently, in less time than it takes you to undo it with the key. It’s for stopping junkies and kids basically.

It’ll satisfy insurance which is worthwhile even when the lock’s crap, but, it also tells you how rubbish the sold secure standards are.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.