Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday
  • Harry_the_Spider

No matter how fancy the Fresh Goods are this week they won’t be as cool as these Biggs and Wedge action figures.

Bring it on.

Kryton57

Pah. Very minor celebs, D- Harry.

Harry_the_Spider

They are niche.

Kryton57

Indeed, I refer you to my previous post.

Harry_the_Spider

Cannondale.

Boardman.

Orange.

Apollo.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

Northwind

My hemlock

Harry_the_Spider

Claude Butler.

Specialized.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

On One

molgrips
    Free Member

Salsa:

z1ppy

Spesh Enduro 29er then?

brant
    Free Member

Pact

Harry_the_Spider

Islabike.

Frog.

stevied
    Free Member

Liteville:

wrecker
    Free Member

Specialized;

Evil

stevied
    Free Member

Ellsworth:

barney
    Free Member

Big one and a busy morning – here we go! http://singletrackworld.com/2015/11/fresh-goods-friday-268/

wwaswas

Yeti

barney
    Free Member

..and can I just say I’ve still for my 1977/1978 Luke Skywalker 12″ figure in pride of place – er – somewhere on a shelf in my house? Never bettered IMO: – although granted it looks a little more naff than it did when I was 5.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

GT

kimbers

the real fresh gods friday is up

and its just fatbikes, so please carry on with the star wars toy pics, far more interesting!

woodster

It may have escaped your notice that it’s Black Friday,

They appear to have put up next weeks Fresh Goods Friday so we’re still missing this weeks.

STATO
    Free Member

It may have escaped your notice that it’s Black Friday,

Hilarious!

kimbers

Santa Cruz (coz they come up short)

barney
    Free Member

Okay, so I’ve got no idea when Black Friday is. We all (in the office) thought it was today.

Bite me 😉

Harry_the_Spider

barney
    Free Member

That would smart. Have you got anything a little smaller?

rOcKeTdOg

6fattie looks a lot of fun!

kelvin

Okay, so I’ve got no idea when Black Friday is. We all (in the office) thought it was today.

I blame Chainreaction. Every day is Black Friday according to them.

munrobiker
    Free Member

6fattie looks a lot of fun!

While I hate to agree with a nichemonger, I agree with the nichemonger…

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m not sure about this plus bike thing. They look interesting but I had some pretty low pressure in my front tyre the other week and on a g out it folded over and threw me over the bars. What’s the point in massive tyres if you still need highish pressures so you can ride normally?

wwaswas

The wider rims mean they’re much more stable than a normal tyre.

Never had issues with tubeless 4″ tyres on my fatty folding on corners even at 5 or 6 psi and pushing hard round the woods.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Nicolai

Ibis

Harry_the_Spider

Marin.

I_Ache
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    The wider rims mean they’re much more stable than a normal tyre.

Never had issues with tubeless 4″ tyres on my fatty folding on corners even at 5 or 6 psi and pushing hard round the woods.

My rim/tyre ratio can’t be far off, I have Flow EX with a Magic Mary on the front. The pressure was low but not low enough to do any damage to the rim over roots and rocks. Maybe I was just unlucky?

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the point in massive tyres if you still need highish pressures so you can ride normally?

Keep up. People are running 12-15 psi in plus tyres and 6psi in fatbike tyres…

nach
    Free Member

R.I.P. Uncle Owen Mountain Cycle:

I_Ache
    Free Member

That’s my point, at that low a pressure a direct vertical impact will be fine. But surely the tyres are more susceptible to folding over with pressures that low.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Lynskey.

STATO
    Free Member

That’s my point, at that low a pressure a direct vertical impact will be fine. But surely the tyres are more susceptible to folding over with pressures that low.

Big fat tyres still fold but not in the same way as a higher pressure smaller tyres, its much more progressive as opposed to the ‘collapse’ of folding a small tyre.

I hate tyre that collapse, to the point that even in CX races i run a little higher, but ive yet to have my fat bike tyres fold in quite the same dramatic way as smaller tyres. There is a case for slightly higher pressures when you can (i.e. with a sus fork) as the folding/rolling of the tyre on the rim can be felt and does require additional/different steering input (but the bikes steer differently anyway so not really a problem).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Fresh Goods Friday’ is closed to new replies.