Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Free trip to Taiwan?
  • iDave
    Free Member

If you’re under 40 you can have 2 weeks staying with a family in Taiwan, all costs covered. 250 places available, I assume so that you can come back and rave about how great Taiwan is – which it is….

http://taiwanroc100.tw/100homestay_en/CP.aspx?s=89&n=155

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Would I lose around three stone while I’m there?

molgrips
    Free Member

Looks a bit weird. Not sure I’d want to be a pawn in their propaganda wars…

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Those who have experiences in international competitions, international events, have received awards, or have made special achievements in certain areas

I think I’m oot

Kuco

Proficient in using blogs, Facebook, and Twitter.

That’s me out then.

bruneep

Might lose a kidney rather than 3 stone

iDave
    Free Member

Well I’d be happy to go if I wasn’t too old – Taiwan is ace IME, it’s not some third world slum….

And you’re only propaganda pawn if you agree to it. Talking of which I went to a great prawn restaurant in Taipei once.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d go to Taiwan, no worries. Just not as someone’s free guest. Would probably creep me out 🙂

Is there any biking?

Kuco

I’d go but to old, wonder how many frames I could smuggle back 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ll send it off tonight, thanks iDave 🙂
    Having lived under a commie umbrella I think I can manage their propaganda. Besides, do I really care? Why would I? Nope, I don’t and would not.

brant
    Free Member

Talking of which I went to a great prawn restaurant in Taipei once.

The one where you catch them live, stick skewers through them and barbecue them as they die?

One of my favourite places that.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Brant, can it be done to those who stole my Spesh all those years ago too?

Harry_the_Spider

Taiwan is ace.

Had a brilliant time there a few years back. Duck’s heads on sticks like some sort of Hammer House of Horror take on a toffee apple anyone?

iDave
    Free Member

Brant, probably the same place – it was Giant who took me there – also cooked them in big bamboo mass grave/coffin/pots. Had snake for lunch earlier that day – mint. Love the place.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t care about propaganda as such, but I suspect your hosts might be incentivised to fawn all over you and you’d be presented with loads of wonderful tourist opportunities.. which would be weird for me.

Phototim
    Free Member

I’m writing this from a hotel in Taichung with a stonking hangover. This place is cool, lots of “moped mafia”!

Apparently the east coast is pretty nice and rural, lots of biking there I expect.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Free trip to Taiwan?’ is closed to new replies.