Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Frame, forks etc recyclable?
  • Mounty_73

I have a road bike frame/fork and a few other bits which are all usable. Other than taking them to the tip/recycling point, is there anywhere that could make use of them?

I just don’t want to take to the tip unless I have to.

Cheers.

nbt

there are a few place around the country that will take bike parts and re-use them to build bikes for folks who can;t necessarily afford brand new – they also allow people to learn new skills building bikes up. Where are you based?

Mounty_73

I’m based in Shropshire.

ads678

Tips near me (Leeds) will take decent stuff and sell them in a shop they have in the main one, assume money they make goes back into the council.

trumpton
    Free Member

edit.

maccruiskeen

Other than taking them to the tip/recycling point,

there are a few place around the country that will take bike parts and re-use them to build bikes for folks who can;t necessarily afford brand new

My local tip has a drop-off point for bikes / bike bits that are then collected by a local bike recycling charity

As well as the charities that collect/fix/sell bikes to the less well off here there are charities who also / instead  send old bikes/parts over to Africa. One of them –  ‘Re-Cycle’ –  has drop-off points in some branches of Halfords.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Frame, forks etc recyclable?’ is closed to new replies.