Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Frame dilemma
  • ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Ok people,

I’m looking for some help in deciding which frame to buy for my new build as this is the only outstanding thing I need to sort out on my shopping list.

So I’ve got it narrowed down to a banshee but can’t decide between the spitfire v2 or the rune v2. I’m ideally trying to build up that mythical beast of the bike that can do everything but can’t decide what would be the better option here given I’m just getting in to Enduro Racing this season. Would the extra 20mm suspension of the rune be overkill for most of the normal trail riding that I’ll do in the UK away from the racing?

Thanks

chiefgrooveguru

I get the impression that the Spitfire is the weapon of choice for UK enduro, simply because the Rune is almost like a DH bike when descending (according to reviews anyway!)

I’ve had my Spitfire almost a month and I’m astounded by it. Regarding the travel, across the rock gardens bits at BPW at the weekend I was gaining ground on my (generally faster) mates who were on two 150mm SB66s and a 160mm Covert and not losing the one on a 185mm Canyon (also with a CCDBair). The suspension kinematics give a really forgiving rearward axle path at the start which eats up the hits and ramps up nicely so it takes a lot to cause a hard bottom out.

With a 160mm Pike up front, CCDBair and 27.5 wheels it is unstoppable! I suppose because of the bigger wheels you could say it feels like 150mm on a 26 plus it’s the kind of suspension design that feels like you have 20mm more that it actually has. I like it anyway…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ideally trying to build up that mythical beast of the bike that can do everything

Best stick some boundaries on everything 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Frame dilemma’ is closed to new replies.