Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox Transfer 90% rise issue?
  • b33k34

I had a first gen transfer and had no issues with it. It was serviced after 2? years and report came back that it wasn’t really necessary.

New one (bought 22) has not been the same – regularly needed a ‘bounce’ on the saddle to get it to top out (would otherwise rise about 90%).  Silverfish took it back for warranty inspection and sent out a brand new one which I only installed late last year and it seems to have exactly the same issue.

Are there any tips or tricks to solve this? (it’s a faff to take off the e-bike as it’s motor removal job). the bike has a rear mud hugger and I always give it a wipe before riding so it has an easy life compared to most peoples. Is there an air valve under the seatclamp or anything on these?

martinhutch

Wasn’t there someone else with precisely this issue a few days back?

How tight are you clamping it?

My experience of a recently-bought one is that it returns fine, but takes a bit more force than you’d expect to get moving downwards when you first start riding. Also developed a little bit of side to side play on the first ride!

martinhutch
    bitmuddytoday
    Free Member

Mine is the same. I’ve seen others too. While riding with a well know guiding company last year the owner said they’re all like it, and sending them back to be fixed doesn’t help for long. Disappointing as I’ve had 2 older Transfers which worked perfectly. Even more annoying as off the back of how good the old ones were I bought this latest one unused but second hand.

b33k34

Quite something to make the second gen of a product worse – my gen 1 was faultless in the c4 years I had it.

binman

Mine is the same.

You can unscrew the seat collar, clean beneath and lube. Seems to improve it for a while

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM