Home Forums Bike Forum Fox Suspension Warranty

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox Suspension Warranty
  • woody83
    Free Member

Hi
    (sorry if this exists already didn’t see a thread)

I am thinking of sending my OEM fox 36 roughly 14 months old, off to silverfish for a warranty claim based on the anodising already wearing off on the left leg.

but, there is a very small amount of damage to the leg where something has hit them. it’s on the back of the leg so no idea how. anyway I assume this is dragging tiny bits of dirt into the seal and then wearing the anodising off. these were serviced roughly july time with new seals and have noticed as its time for a full service again, plus i am not riding at the mo

Anyone got experience with Silverfish warranty? are they generous or am i most likely to be told to sod off?

thoughts before i go through the effort

DezB
    Free Member

Reminds me of this thread, of which we didn’t see a conclusion…

.https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fox-fork-problems-fork-stanchion-replacement/.

Doesnt sound like they’re great with warranty if they can worm out of it with “dirt got in”! Only way is to check with them really.
    Out of order for such an expensive high end product.

SirHC

Can’t see them warrantying it to be honest, as you’ve said, damage to the back of the stanchion, sort getting in and mixing with the grease.

New stanchion and bushing time, bushings will be toasted as well.
    RSF will fit a new stanchion. Would hope they’d have the kit for a bushing swap as well.

mashr

Doesnt sound like they’re great with warranty if they can worm out of it with “dirt got in”!

User damage has nothing to do with “worming out”

woody83
    Free Member

Cheers guys dropped rsf a mail to see how much it costs.

mashr

Send a photo to Silverfish anyway (you have to when kicking a claim off), it’s worth an ask

woody83
    Free Member

thanks all ive decided ill give RSF a try spoke to Dave, seems like he knows his stuff and pretty fair pricing too considering even a decent second hand fork is £400+

might fix and flog mine for some shiny new RS Lyriks as im not fan of the Fox 36

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox Suspension Warranty’ is closed to new replies.