• This topic has 15 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fox RP23 Shock – Propedal Lever Problem
  • Paceman
    Free Member

The Propedal lever on my Fox RP23 Boost Valve Shock has stopped working; i.e. its gone loose and doesn’t spring over to switch the damping on and off. Other than this the shock seems to be performing fine.

Anyone else had this issue with a Fox Shock? Or got any advice on sorting it?

Cheers – Paceman

darkcyan
    Free Member

I think I have the same issue on the yeti.

let me know when you get an answer – assumed I had been heavy handed 🙂

DC

devash
    Free Member

Seems to be a common problem. Take it back if its still in warranty. If out of warranty and / or second hand and it isn’t causing too much of a problem just get it fixed next time you send it in for a service.

Paceman
    Free Member

I’ve sent it back to Mojo for a rebuild / service.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Did the service fix the problem? I have done a simple strip down and rebuild with the service kit but the lever still flops around doing very little. Is there another part to the service that can only be carried out by experts?

woody2000

My rp23 was like that, a loco service sorted it. Hth 🙂

johnj2000
    Free Member

Ta.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

@woody2000 … has the switch not become flimsy anymore after you had it service? got issue as well with my rp23 on a yeti,I tighten it up a bit seems to do the job but its not as proper “switchy” feeling like my CTD that needs man’s fingers to flick the switch.

woody2000

I haven’t put it back on the bike yet! It did nothing prior to service, switch just flopped from one side to the other, post service it has a firm switch action.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Had the same problem on a Fox Triad shock and it needed a nitrogen recharge – when I put it back together after replacing seals a pile of oil came out through the pro-pedal level seal.

Not all suspension shops can do it, but if you look about some will be able to do it. Speak to the guy that runs RSF. Posted the shock on the monday and had it back by the Friday with him also having machined up a new part too.

johnj2000
    Free Member

After hearing about postage issues with rear shocks, is there a way of protecting against it being removed and destroyed in a controlled explosion?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

i am TFtuned customer..because they arrange the postage (forgot the courier who collects it) very quick turnaround too… if only it can be done like collect+ where you just drop it off instead of waiting for the courier would be perfect.

woody2000

I sent mine with collect+, no issues. Took the air out of it and wrapped it well.

LoCo
    Free Member

The floppy lever issue can be due to a number of things, usually a gas leak into the oil or a leak of oil, which reduces the pressure internally.
    Different models will have a different feel too, due to different designs.
    We can fix this with a service and now also offer a collection & re delivery service.
    Any queries give the workshop a call 😀

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks LoCo. Bearing in mind I have just done a basic service with the fox kit, what additional work would you guys carry out and will it make render my efforts worthless!

LoCo
    Free Member

A full service would involve stripping the damper to component parts, replacing all seals, inspection, adjustment as necessary, clean, rebuild with fresh oil & nitrogen charge & testing.
    We can knock the price of the air seals you replaced off too as you’ve just done them too. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP23 Shock – Propedal Lever Problem’ is closed to new replies.