Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox RP23 Pro Pedal lever not working properly?
  • dooge
    Free Member

Hey all,

After reading up on the Fox RP23 manual I now understand the Pro Pedal lever (on and off) and the Pro Pedal settings (light, medium and firm) but my shock only has a positive clicking action on the Pro Pedal lever when setting 3 is selected. On 1 and 2 it flops around and does not seem to engage. I am guessing this isnt normal? An easy fix?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Needs a full rebuild.

andylc
    Free Member

Pro pedal ain’t that good even when it is working (or maybe mine never really worked either…

stupot
    Free Member

Mine did that, a linkage bit inside was broken. Loco tuning fixed mine, works great now.

aazlad
    Free Member

Try nipping up the tiny little bolt (1mm or 1.5mm) on the lever itself. This sorted the floppy lever for me. Be careful, those bolts are easy to round out.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I always found mine on my RP23 worked fine after a service, then after a month or so would become less effective. Eventually it would make no difference if it was on or off.

Someone told me once if you have a big impact with the pro pedal on it can blow oil past a seal, which stops the pro pedal working as it should. Nothing a basic service can’t fix. I’ve got nothing to back that up so perhaps someone on here can confirm or disprove this.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Dooge – Mine has always been as you’ve described since coming with a new bike 2 years ago (it was a ‘new old stock’ 2011 bike). Fortunately my Maestro suspension design seems to prevent any pedal feedback when the RP23 is in the ‘open’ position, so I’m not fussed. The red rebound damping dial however has a very significant effect, and that’s more important to me.

Smatkins1 – when you say ‘basic’ service, you mean a service of the rebound/compression parts, which will set you back about £75 won’t it ? This is the issue I think, is it worth paying that much just to get Pro-Pedal working ?

andylc
    Free Member

Don’t think pro pedal was ever that good. At least not compared to my CCDB Air I have now, the climb switch on that is completely awesome.

dooge
    Free Member

Yeh, you guys have hit the nail on the head. I will try and tighten the bolt gently. Its fitted to my Devinci Dixon and I never use it but I am wary that as I am trying to sell my frame its a way of dropping the price down considerably!

Thanks for all the replies gents.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Although I liked how I had my RP23,set up, I never really used the Pro Pedal settings on my Orange Alpine as I didn’t feel it made the bike ride much better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP23 Pro Pedal lever not working properly?’ is closed to new replies.