Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox Float 130 RL Extension??
  • mactheknife

Read on another forum that somebody had their fox floats extended from the standard 130mm to 140mm.

Has anyone heard of this or had it done themselves. The forks are going off to tftuned this month for a service and they say if they can do it then they will but are not sure at the moment.

Mine are the bog standard ones that came with my Stumpy fsr comp 2010.

Cheers

Sionwms
    Free Member

Sorry no help here….. But I’ve been wondering exactly the same I’ve the stumpy comp ’10 too, no idea why they specced it with 130mm forks considering there’s 140mm at the back.
    I emailed mojo and they said the only way to find out is to take em apart and check to see if there’s a travel spacer inside.
    I’ve heard that the 130mm floats on the trek fuel ex8 2009 were extendable to 140 by removing the travel spacer inside.

tazzymtb

easy peasy, there is a 10mm travel adjust spacer in the left hand leg, just need to take the lowers off, undo the upper air valve and push the rod up the leg, take the spacer off, refil with fox float oil as per the service instructions on the fox website and there you have it. About 10-15mins work

mactheknife

Cheers tazzy, just the info i was looking for. Mine will be done by tftuned in a few weeks along with service,

happy days 🙂 😀

parisroubaix

I was having this discussion with LBS today- a few of the OEM forks were actually 130mm and not spaced in this generation but as others say take them apart and you’ll have your answer

Sionwms
    Free Member

Can you let me know how you get on with your forks…. As I will most probably take the spacer out to get he 140mm of travel!!!

mactheknife

Sionwms – Member
    Can you let me know how you get on with your forks…. As I will most probably take the spacer out to get he 140mm of travel!!!

Mine have now been done and apparently it was no problem to extend them to 140mm.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Can I have the spacer?
    🙂

Sionwms
    Free Member

Brilliant I’ll get mine done too then when I can be bothered…. Can’t for the hell of me understand why specialized reduced the travel to 130mm when the stumpjumper is designed for 140mm 😕

parisroubaix

Mikey, the spacers are £3.50 off ebay, search ‘fox spacer’

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 130 RL Extension??’ is closed to new replies.