Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • My new car (Skoda Roomster) – the V5C is wrong
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Well I hope it is. I collected my new Skoda Roomster SE 1.2TSI 105 on Tuesday and have just received the V5C but that says its the SE 1.2TSI 85 so the less powerful version. I can’t see anything on the car to indicate which version it is, but the invoice says it’s the 105bhp version. So assuming the V5C is wrong can I get that changed? Important for insurance and when I sell the car I’m sure.

PePPeR

Ouch I do hope they haven’t given you the wrong car!

mudshark
    Free Member

Certainly! Have emailed to ask about that. Not driven it much yet but it doesn’t feel underpowered to what I was expecting but kinda guessing.

steveh

Go back to the dealer and let them sort it out! Probably just an error with the v5 but it’s for them to sort out not you. Ask for some proof it’s the right one too.

morgs
    Free Member

yes can be done. instead of mithering yourself with it, get the dealer to sort it.

Don’t let the dealer fob you off either 😉

Gary_C

Is it a 3 or a 4 cylinder engine?

spence
    Free Member

Check the vehicle info plate, on my last Passatt this included the power, may be in PS rather than BHP, along with body colour and trim etc. Might be in the door shut or on the front cross panel.

mrmo
    Free Member

do you have the service book? in my, admittedly old octavia’s, it states what the engine is. I also think there is a sticker in the boot under the carpet.

But go to the dealer and get them to sort the paperwork.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Speak to the dealer first I would have thought.

Cougar

There will be on it somewhere an info plate, with an engine code on it. RTFM, then Google.

Mr_C
    Free Member

The Roomster? Isn’t that the one that looks like two cars welded together. Maybe they’ve only given you the V5 for the back half. 🙂

Mine’s the anorak with the mittens on a string.

PePPeR

Lol at Mr C, I agree about the two cars welded together!

Now the Skoda Yeti that is a nice looking car!

mudshark
    Free Member

mrmo, have looked in the service book and it says 77kw which means I have the wrong car! Incredible.

mudshark
    Free Member

BTW, really impressed with it so far as spacious and drives nicely considering it’s size and shape. Ugly though.

Cougar

77Kw is just a shade over 100BHp.

Cougar

(… and slightly more in PS I think)

mudshark
    Free Member

Oh well that’s right then – I was thinking PS which is close to BHP right?

PePPeR

Want to bet you’ll be unable to reject the car and it’ll cost you so dearly to get it sorted out? There again JD Power reckon Skoda Dealers are some of the best, so you may end up ok!

Cougar is right, 77Kw is 105BHP

Here’s a link

http://www.which.co.uk/cars/driving/driver-tools/power-converter/

CountZero

Stern words need to be had with the dealer, methinks. I’d be waiting on the forecourt as soon as the doors open. Stupid mistake.

Cougar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_petrol_engines

(Doesn’t seem to list the Roomster as an application for that engine though)

mudshark
    Free Member

OK so it’s the right car and the V5C is wrong. BTW, there was also a problem with the colour – dealer helped me choose the colour by pointing out other cars and I went for a light blue. Four months later I went to collect and the car was a dark gray – dealer had thought steel gray is light blue but it’s more a slate gray. Decided I like it though and they gave me a little compensation though said my mistake really.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Mate of mine had the wrong engine delivered (in an Espace I think). Dealer’s mistake, they tried to get him to accept it, but he rejected the car in the end – so this does happen.

hora
    Free Member

Is there a price difference? You’ve/you’re about to receive the car you did not order IMO.

Inform the dealer you’ll reject the car or discuss a suitable cash reduction to keep.

I honestly don’t think the V5 is wrong. The Salesman will tell you it is (or to the point direct blame somewhere else).

Depends how happy you are with a car that is below the spec in a slightly different colour?

njee20
    Free Member

Did you read the last few posts Hora?

pealy
    Free Member

Does the 85 have a lower emissions rating than the 105? Might be worth keeping quiet if the road tax works out cheaper (now or in the future).

carlos
    Free Member

Pretty sure the only difference between the two are the braked towing weights.

Nobby

I had the exact same problem with my car last year – the dealer is the only person that can sort it. They’ll need the original document which will need to go to DVLA via the Manufacturer.

danti

If you search the forum on here they may be able to help you with identifying which model it is (normally to do with colouring of TSI lettering on the back).
    It was on my TDI Fabia anyway.

http://www.briskoda.net

glenh
    Free Member

On a side note, do they really put an 85bhp engine in a roomster?
    105bhp is pushing it. I’d be surprised if it could move when loaded up with only 85bhp.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Had something similar with our Seat Ibiza. It’s a 5-door, but was marked as a 3-door on the V5C. Dealer suggested we didn’t bother changing it, but I could foresee hassles when we wanted to sell the car. We got it changed and it was a trivial process. Can’t even remember what we had to do, but don’t remember it being any hassle at all.

-m-
    Free Member

5-door…was marked as a 3-door on the V5C. Dealer suggested we didn’t bother changing it

Genius!

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if it could move when loaded up with only 85bhp

Those turbo petrol are very torquey, there’ll be no bother.

mudshark
    Free Member

Dealer says to check the VIN is correct then he’ll sort out.

As for power, I’ve driven a 1.7 Puma for 10 years so this is a bit of a change for me and was unsure how much I’d enjoy driving this but so far it feels pretty good really and wouldn’t want a more powerful engine in it. If they could just make this thing more attractive I think they’d sell really well. More storage space than both the C-Max and the Yeti, well built, comfortable, very flexible for not a lot of cash really.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I know I’m in a minority but I think the Roomster looks fine. The cut and shut look is interesting.

PePPeR

simons_nicolai-uk – Member
    I know I’m in a minority but I think the Roomster looks fine. The cut and shut look is interesting.

Sorry but you’ve been selling Nicolai bikes for far too long 😉

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘My new car (Skoda Roomster) – the V5C is wrong’ is closed to new replies.