Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Fox attack
  • Lifer
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    Regular culls. Just make sure you don’t do it in a red jacket on a horse with dogs and using the wrong accent, ’cause that would be “cruel”. Anything else goes, of course…

It’s the ripped apart alive by dogs bit that’s cruel. No problem with humane culling but an animal’s suffering shouldn’t be sport.

5thElefant
    Free Member

There’s a dead fox in my field. Appears to have been shot some distance away (I haven’t heard shooting for a while) and made its way on to my land.

Being killed by dogs is an all or nothing affair. More humane than shooting IMO.

BigJohn

I think the fox was just after some Sudocreme to put on it’s sore worn stanchions.

hoodie
    Free Member

Are foxes tasty ? Don’t Comigel anymore ideas….findus crispy fox anyone ?

samuri
    Free Member

The problem is, foxes have no natural predators in the wild. To resolve the issue all we have to do is introduce some which will manage the fox population nicely and then all the children will be safe.

Lifer
    Free Member

5thElefant – Member
    There’s a dead fox in my field. Appears to have been shot some distance away (I haven’t heard shooting for a while) and made its way on to my land.

Being killed by dogs is an all or nothing affair. More humane than shooting IMO.

Are they the only two options?

Woody
    Free Member

As no-one else seems to have properly read what happened, the fox apparently entered through a broken back door that the occupant was waiting for the council/housing association to fix.

Who in there right mind leaves a baby unattended with a broken/open back door. I would have thought there were far more nasty ‘predators’ to worry about gaining entry in South London.

Oh, that’s right, they were waiting for the council to repair it as they are incapable of securing it themselves. Sums it up for me. 🙄

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Large predator hunts for easy food shocker!
    Fox person on R5 this morning said they go after used nappies “for the remaining protein contained within them”. 😯
    Having changed way too many nappies in my life I now have a new found admiration for foxes.

mudshark
    Free Member

They are becoming brazen in urban areas, one followed me round the block the other evening when I walked my dogs….it disappeared when I let one of the dogs go after it!

That’s what we need – small scale hunting is more appropriate in urban areas.

I’ve gone right off the RSPCA – in response to this they said a fox will only attack when scared. That must be some right ‘ard baby.

binners

As no-one else seems to have properly read what happened, the fox apparently entered through a broken back door that the occupant was waiting for the council/housing association to fix.

Well if they’re only attacking council house tenants, and not nice middle class offspring, then whats all the fuss about? I’m surprised it even made the papers. Do you think this could be part of an experimental government scheme to reduce the benefits bill?

Weasel
    Free Member

Utter nonsense.

This ‘incident’ is not far from where I live, other recent fox stories in the local rag include….

1) Bloke left his door open when putting the bins out, the fox wandered into his hallway. He said it could of attacked his family.

2) A couple claimed a fox tried to attack them in the street, they chased it off, only for it to be run over, They then admitted they made the whole story up.

3) In the Evening standard a few weeks back a woman claimed a fox follwed her and then bit her Ugg boots.

4) There was also a local story about a year ago when a fox apparently got in a house and bit a baby on the face.

Comical

hounslow
    Free Member

The bloke next door to me leaves food out for the foxes, to the point where there is now 3 or 4 that live somewhere where the gardens intersect and just laze around during the day. One of them died in my garden and i wasn’t half tempted to sling it over the fence towards his patio.

beefheart
    Free Member

I saw a fox once.

edlong
    Free Member

4) There was also a local story about a year ago when a fox apparently got in a house and bit a baby on the face.

Comical

Yeah, totally hilarious. I mean, what could be funnier than a baby being attacked by a wild animal?

deviant
    Free Member

hounslow – Member
    The bloke next door to me leaves food out for the foxes, to the point where there is now 3 or 4 that live somewhere where the gardens intersect and just laze around during the day.

Shoot them with an airgun, it wont kill them right away but they’ll die eventually and will probably leave rather than live in your garden being peppered with airgun pellets.

Cougar
    binners

I wonder how you get to be a fox expert?

Woody
    Free Member

From The Guardian article ^^

…….it’s time to return to more factual, and balanced, reporting.

Wouldn’t that be a nice banner to have across every newspaper doorway!

rusty90
    Free Member

Shoot them with an airgun, it wont kill them right away but they’ll die eventually

Spectacularly bad advice even by STW standards.

deviant
    Free Member

It worked with a rat that lived in my parents shed, it took a lot of pellets before it died though, at least 10….still, passed the time of an afternoon.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What sort of government is it that allows the continued intrusion of nature into the lives of the very people that put them in a position of power? I think the environment secretary should resign immediately.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

This is pathetic. Every once in a while, a bear kills someone in Canada. they don’t say “Let’s kill every last bear!” They just make sure their doors are locked and carry bear spray.

Now a couple of people have turned their backs on an open door in an area where there are a lot of foxes and then act surprised when the fox decides to look around inside their house. We’ve already destroyed the large majority of their habitat and now we should kill them off just because they’re trying their best to survive? Again, it’s just pathetic.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

all of the fox attacks seem to hve occurred daarn sarf which obviously means that suvvenors:
    A-Neglect the safety of their young children.
    B-Have smelly houses that attract foxes.
    C-are complete liars and just resent foxes because they beat them to all of the discarded kebabs and pizza.

philconsequence
    Free Member

A-Neglect the safety of their young children.
    B-Have smelly houses that attract foxes.
    C-are complete liars and just resent foxes because they beat them to all of the discarded kebabs and pizza.

ahhh bracknell. or did it happen in aldershot? its one of the two based on your description.

Cougar

Every once in a while, a bear kills someone in Canada. they don’t say “Let’s kill every last bear!” They just make sure their doors are locked and carry bear spray.

It’s a bit odd, isn’t it. A fox (allegedly) attacks a baby, so everyone wants to kill a load of completely different foxes. It’s the sort of thinking that got the police in trouble a couple of decades back.

(Also, “bear spray”? How strong must that be, I’ve seen how much spray you need just to kill flies!)

binners

What’s going to happen the next time a swan breaks someones arm?

philconsequence
    Free Member

the best way to scare a bear off is to try and get your camera out to get a photo of it. it’ll run off and look tiny in photos thus making you appear a big fat lying idiot when you tell people of that time you were 10ft away from a big bear.

IHN

In the UK, where there is less call for an aerosol so obnoxiously pungent that it will deter a hungry bear, alternative uses have been found:

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Every once in a while, a bear kills someone in Canada. they don’t say “Let’s kill every last bear!”

Who has suggested killing every last fox?

You’re also aware that Canada culls thousands of bears every year?

nealglover
    Free Member

What’s going to happen the next time a swan breaks someones arm?

Don’t be silly now, everyone knows that’s never happened 😉

BermBandit
    Free Member

having a large, omnivorous predator

FFS!

This is a large omniverous predator

This is a man eating fox

..and these are nice shiny new council houses that don’t have broken back doors for foxes to get in through…. work it out for yourself.

and this is a fox trying to kick a cats back doors in…. large omniverous predator my arse!

Woody
    Free Member

Cats and foxes seem to get on for some reason. My mates cat was often seen sharing it’s dinner with a fox in the deepest darkest wilds of West Norwood!

Weasel
    Free Member

edlong – Member

Comical

Yeah, totally hilarious. I mean, what could be funnier than a baby being attacked by a wild animal?

Comical as in I don’t believe a word of it, it’s not like the country is under attack by these creatures.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Fox attack’ is closed to new replies.