Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Fox attack
  • Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21399709

Sounds a bit suspicious to me.

teethgrinder

It was the Crack Fox.

Northwind

It’s Boris Johnson in a fox suit.

Duffer
    Free Member

4 weeks old? For fox sake…

Poor little kid. Who would leave their newborn where a fox might find it? Sounds like propaganda from the pro-fox hunting campaign, to me…

edlong
    Free Member

What are you suspicious of?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Duffer – Member
    4 weeks old? For fox sake…

Poor little kid. Who would leave their newborn where a fox might find it? Sounds like propaganda from the pro-fox hunting campaign, to me…

I can see the hunts riding through urban Britain now….. 😀

mudmonster
    Free Member

2 years since the last fox attack. How many dogs have attacked people in that time?

bren2709

But Foxes are cute and cuddly, Why would they do something like that? 😉

Just thought I’d get it in before all the fox lovers start!

Murdering ginger beasts!
    Carry on Hunting!

Drac

2 years since the last fox attack. How many dogs have attacked people in that time?

How many cat attacks?

How many Gerbil attacks?

You’re comparing a domestic pet that live in people houses to wild creature, I wonder which one will be the highest. It’s a tough one.

IanMunro
    Free Member

What are you suspicious of?

I have a vague recollection that the last person who claimed this had some pit-bull/staffy nutter dog that they didn’t want taking the blame. Probably just a mail/express thought process by osmosis though.

mikey74
    Free Member

How did the fox get in?

tazzymtb

How did the fox get in?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQufDPXULZQ[/video]

he was shot out of a cannon by toffs!

khani
    Free Member

Carry on Hunting

In Lewisham? ‘Tally ho chaps.. It’s gone right at Chicken Likkin, try to avoid the Range Rovers outside Tesco express’..
    Tally ho!!!.

mrmoofo

Fox, my arse …
    How did it get into a house ?
    In february?

legend
    Free Member

bren2709 – Member
    ginger

All the reasons needed to go hunting right there

CountZero

As no-one else seems to have properly read what happened, the fox apparently entered through a broken back door that the occupant was waiting for the council/housing association to fix.
    Foxes are predators, and will go for easy prey if its available. Urban foxes are getting ever more used to hanging around homes where occupants leave food out, feed them by hand, and even encourage them indoors. I’m surprised that people on here fail to realise that having a large, omnivorous predator having access to homes with open doors and windows is going to literally end in tears.

El-bent
    Free Member

You’re comparing a domestic pet that live in people houses to wild creature, I wonder which one will be the highest. It’s a tough one.

Yes we know the answer, but if people are prepared to let a “domesticated animal” live in their homes with a very small chance of it doing something unfortunate, why all the publicity on the first attack by a fox on someone in London for two years?

gsp1984
    Free Member

Foxes are mainly scavengers… And even if it did bite its finger off why would it spit it out and not finish the meal.

Sounds like negligent parents trying to blame something else. Probably trapped it in a door or let the kid play with scissors.

Drac

why all the publicity on the first attack by a fox on someone in London for two years?

As it’s very unusual, apparently it’s only the second alleged attack in 2 years. Why the publicity for dog attacks if they happen so often?

Probably trapped it in a door or let the kid play with scissors.

At 4 weeks old?

mikey74
    Free Member

As no-one else seems to have properly read what happened, the fox apparently entered through a broken back door that the occupant was waiting for the council/housing association to fix.

If that is common knowledge, why was it not mentioned in either of the reports I read? Don’t blame the reader for lazy journalism.

If that was indeed that situation, it still doesn’t make total sense: Surely the occupier should have done everything in their power to secure the door while waiting for it to be fixed. How was it broken? The door must have been virtually hanging off it’s hinges for a fox to be able to break in. They aren’t renowned for carrying tools.

mrmoofo

What ever happened to the kid, the chances of a fox being involved is rubbish ..
    Great excuse to get the lame parents out of any responsibility , mind ….

allthepies
    Free Member

Do foxes usually go away on holiday in Feb ?

mrmoofo

Do foxes usually go away on holiday in Feb ?

Hunting infant babies is their holiday !!
    And FFS, they go in August like everyone else …

Drac

And FFS, they go in August like everyone else .

Yup Fox School means you can’t go in term, bloody lazy Fox teachers.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

So, lets get this right – not only did the fox try and eat her baby, but it kicked in her back doors as well?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I139XVV-UaY[/video]

binners

There was a bloke from the Countryside Alliance* this morning offering an imaginative solution to the problem. It seemed to involve him and his friends, sporting red jackets, on horseback, and a pack of hounds. He was somewhat vague on the practicalities of how this was going to work in an urban environment

*There always seems to be a misplaced ‘o’ in their title

Madfly
    Free Member

@Countzero, I don’t question whether you’re correct in the slightest, more curiosity.

feed them by hand, and even encourage them indoors

Have you seen this first hand or is it reported elsewhere?

letmetalktomark

It could have been a child’s face ….. Apologies wrong animal.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I don’t think any of you are treating this story with the seriousness it deserves…next time it could be a child’s face.

WackoAK
    Free Member

*There always seems to be a misplaced ‘o’ in their title

😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Make sure that the morons leaving food out for the vermin stop doing it.

Regular culls. Just make sure you don’t do it in a red jacket on a horse with dogs and using the wrong accent, ’cause that would be “cruel”. Anything else goes, of course…

will
    Free Member

I quite like this idea:

deviant
    Free Member

They are becoming brazen in urban areas, one followed me round the block the other evening when I walked my dogs….it disappeared when I let one of the dogs go after it!
    Due to increasing numbers in towns and gardens there are companies popping up who will come and exterminate the fox if it’s a nuisance…they are horrible creatures.

philconsequence
    Free Member

are foxes tasty?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

They’re foxylicious phil

binners

Well dogs seem to like the smell of ’em

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

And posh blokes.they love ’em.

kimbers

did wonder how it got into the house, its not like you leave the doors open for some fresh air in february!

saying that

I live in london

and whilst putting out the bins one night a few months back this guy pretty much wandered into our living room

sorry for the shoddy video

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151140641637477&set=vb.609512476&type=3&theater

I reckon borris wants to set up a Hammersmith Hunt

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Fox attack’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM