• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox 32 FLOAT Evolution retaining clip loose in fork lower, what to do?
  • doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Having taken the lowers off the fork for the first time I noticed a retaining spring loose in the bottom of the fork lower (damping side).

It looks like part 038-00-077 from This Fox assembly diagram

But it isn’t obvious where it has come from or what I should do with it? Can anyone help identify where it should go and what it does please?

Couple of images of it.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

come to think of it, should it be holding the seal head assembly inside the cartridge body (tube). (see diagram)

I’ve taken the open bath (older version) apart before and don’t remember it looking like this.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Bump

rob-jackson
    Free Member

that would be a circlip holding the seal head surely

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

If I’m thinking about this correctly (and I don’t know fork internals that well)it appears the damper is broken and all the oil has dropped into the fork leg? Is this fixable at home?

Has anyone else had this happen? The forks have been in use about 16 months. Were new in February last year.

LoCo
    Free Member

Circlip that hold the rebound seal head into the damper tube.
    Might beworth giving Mojo a call re. warranty as there was a recall on evo carted forks.
    Have seen a few do this.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Hi yes, Mojo have confirmed it is a recall and will fix the forks. Thanks for the advice.

LoCo
    Free Member

😀 Result.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox 32 FLOAT Evolution retaining clip loose in fork lower, what to do?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM