Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fort William – camper van parking for World Cup
  • MrTricky
    Free Member

Hi folks – any idea if you can stay overnight in your van at either of the park and ride locations?

RustyNissanPrairie

cattle auction is/was good, indoor toilets, hardstanding, short walk to track. It gets packed in so isn’t good if you want to leave early.

I’ve stayed on there a few nights in a van for the DH WC.

matt_outandabout

The pop up campsite at Glen Spean Brewery is great. Easy shuttle in, nice field, facilities, beer, less wild than the wildsite.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/uRXyyiFZVJFcJRuA7

MrTricky
    Free Member

Thank you – sadly, I think the auction location is closed, unfortunately the pop up campsite is full for vans….

matt_outandabout

I doubt you will get anything local at this late stage. How about carpark at Laggan then drive to shuttle bus at the pop up campsite (be early) or cycle in from there.

gordimhor

What Matt said +1. It’s unfortunate that the world cup clashes with the pre 65s and then six day trials which is one of the busiest weeks for the area anyway

MrTricky
    Free Member

Sorted now, thanks all. It’s a bit spur of the moment & I haven’t been to the DH for years.

Will take a tent & have booked into Glen Nevis campsite. I’ll cycle to & fro once there – say hello to a slightly battered Stooge if you see me.

cheers

David

toomba
    Free Member

Do you have tickets? Iv 2 weekend passes with Gondola in the classifieds

yoshimi

@matt_outandabout

What are your thoughts on Wild Camp vs Spean Bridge One – heading up with my wife and our 2year old toddler first thing Friday.

We’ve only stayed at Glen Nevis  in nthe past which I’m guessing is a completely different propspect to these pop up ones.

Thanks

Edit – Also torn on whether to take the bikes with us (for bobbing about abou on) – will the bikes feel safe locked up on thre alloys?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.