Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fort Bill routes recommendations
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Looking for inspiration for an intermediate tech trail tomorrow as a build up to Kinlochleven the day after – the Witches Trails perhaps?

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Witches trail are good fun, though more xc based. There is a bunch of off piste things mixed in as well for more natural tech.

Northwind

I’m not good at navigating fort william but I really like the witches trails just for what they are, and there’s loads of other stuff off the sides- it’s actually pretty hard to navigate for that reason, too many little trailheads but if you want to add some extra stuff check out the Blue Crane- easy to find and comes right off the red climb.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Just checking out the os map and noticed a loop that involves the climb/carry up Ben Nevis to about the halfway point and a contour under the north face descending north west back towards the smelter/torlundy area… worthwhile?

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

The ride from the Ben half way Loch round the back was pretty rubbish when I last did it (a few years ago). Track good to start then faded away to nothing but a boggy carry.
    But the north face track is good. You can do it as an out and back from the north face car park.
    Then the woods you go up/down through have multiple tracks (quite alot of the dudes of hazzard stuff.) to ride back down

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fort Bill routes recommendations’ is closed to new replies.