Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fork/shock service near Oxford
  • lorax

I have a couple of old bikes on which the forks and shocks need servicing. I don’t feel confident, and don’t have the time anyway, to do it myself, so I’m looking for somewhere to get them dealt with locally. I’ve used TF Tuned recently for the shock on my Heckler and I’m delighted with their service, but I can’t afford to put everything through that level of care and attention.

I was recommended a bloke called Tim at Oxshox, out near Witney, but he’s texted me back to say he no longer does this kind of thing. Does anyone have any recommendations? Warlands, my excellent LBS, doesn’t do this kind of thing, but perhaps one of the other bike shops in Oxford is well set up for it…

bradley
    Free Member

Give Beeline bikes down Cowley road in city centre a shout. I’m not sure if they offer this service but they are well equipped so worth a punt.

LoCo
    Free Member

😉

simonbea
    Free Member

I believe Walton Street cycles in jericho have recently started doing fox services

lorax

Thanks guys – I’ll give both Beeline and Walton Street a call

LoCo, I’ve seen your website, and if you were local I’d be heading your way, but what I’d like to be able to do is take the bikes in to a shop where someone can have a look at them and advise me before I shell out money on postage.

dsb181
    Free Member

Beeline have a fantastic reputation but not sure if they offer this service. Same with Walton St, heard good things about that place.
    Sorry to hijack but how do you know if your forks need a service, I’ve had mine around a year now.

lorax

dsb181: how do you know if your forks need a service?

I’m not sure in terms of time or usage, although I imagine that even on a lightly used bike after a couple of years the oil and seals might need replacing. But I’ve got some old forks that are rattling slightly, so there must something that needs looking at!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fork/shock service near Oxford’ is closed to new replies.