• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by rhys.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forks went pop!! 2010 U Turn Revs
  • rhys
    Free Member

So a week back on the bike after a loonnnnngggg time out 2010 Revelation U turn forks went pop during a quick XC ride today and collapsed. I stopped and unweighted and was able to extend again only for them to fall again. Non drive side grey dust seal left loose on the stantion. What next? Thank you

nixie

Send them in for a service or do a full service including all the air and damper seals.

Northwind

It’s losing air from the air piston into the fork leg (which is both why it’s going soft and also why it’s popping the seal out with the pressure) Needs at least a service, with any luck it’s just got a bad spring seal that a full service will sort.

My 2010 Teams developed a problem with the air spring assembly that needed some replacement parts over the service, can’t remember exactly what it was though- ended up being a job for the pros. At some point after that I coil converted them, which was dead easy with Sektor parts (I bought a whole knackered sektor for peanuts). Added a little weight but really made for a fantastic fork, might be a good option if the repair starts looking expensive.

thols2

drew

I had this issue way back when. I bought a pair of 2010 air u-turns off someone in the classifieds and the same thing happened to me on the first outing. It was caused by the travel worm parting company with the top of the air tube allowing air to enter the fork and blow the wiper seal. I sent them off to Simon at Loco (remember him?) and he fitted a new tube. From what I can remember on the original forks the travel worm was a push fit in the top of the air tube and was detachable for servicing but this proved to be a weak point and was later changed to a one piece assembly. This is not necessarily your particular issue but it maybe.

rhys
    Free Member

Cool thanks peeps. So who are the service du jour at the moment?

nixie

Tftuned

rhys
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve emailed them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forks went pop!! 2010 U Turn Revs’ is closed to new replies.