• This topic has 53 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Fork lenth question…
  • flow
    Free Member

Ahh, I would buy a hub, £40 for a Pro 2, not much to get it built if you can’t do it yourself.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

oh well, I’m happy with what I’ve ordered, thanks anyway, your a good’un!

cynic-al
    Free Member

flow – no further response then?

flow
    Free Member

oh well, I’m happy with what I’ve ordered, thanks anyway, your a good’un!

As long as your happy mate, thats all that matters.

flow – no further response then?

Sorry Al, not today mate, not feeling too good TBH.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oh well, looks like your original position falls on its face then.

Shame

flow
    Free Member

Whatever you say almighty one.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Have to remember as well that the flex in a 32 at 140 will be a fair few more tenths of a percent greater than the flex in a 36 lowered to 140, thus increasing the gap between both ride height and perceived bike handling. 😉

flow
    Free Member

Have to remember as well that the flex in a 32 at 140 will be a fair few more tenths of a percent greater than the flex in a 36 lowered to 140, thus increasing the gap between both ride height and perceived bike handling.

That would be correct, except I was talking about the angles, not suspension performance. You can tell the difference in geometry riding down the road 😉

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

That would be correct, except I was talking about the angles, not suspension performance. You can tell the difference in geometry riding down the road

So was I… the flex and its resultant angleset style geometry makeover will be apparent in much of its miniscule glory the moment the bike is loaded; the suspension performance is more a product of springs, damping and whatnot.

Steerer length and stem placement surely also contribute more to effective weight distribution and difference in ride feel more than a minute geometry change.

LoCo
    Free Member

You’re forgetting about offsets too 😉

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Aargh, my mind 😀

flow
    Free Member

the suspension performance is more a product of springs, damping and whatnot

Stiffness isn’t performance? Think about that a bit more.

Steerer length and stem placement surely also contribute more to effective weight distribution and difference in ride feel more than a minute geometry change.

Correct, same stem and steerer length though.

Edit: I am properly bored of this thread now

soobalias
    Free Member

why on earth would you put lowered 36’s on a bike and ride down a road?

LoCo
    Free Member

ohh and how the trail from different heights tyres in conjuntion with the offsets 😆 sorry I’ll go back to work now 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Fork lenth question…’ is closed to new replies.