Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fork advice
  • spock
    Free Member

Here's the problem, my current forks, fox vanilla 32 r 2004 ,are a tad faulty, the bushings have gone. I know for around £100 tftuned can fix this for me but i need forks that wont need to be sent off for servicing every year or so as i cant afford to do this. So what should i do, send them off for a service, or buy some 2009/8 tora/recon forks 2nd hand as i know rock shox bushings last quite a time. How long will the bushing last if they're repaired?

thanks,

yetiguy
    Free Member

can i ask how you know the bushings have gone, what are the symptoms?

spock
    Free Member

play in the lowers

grumm
    Free Member

i need forks that wont need to be sent off for servicing every year or so as i cant afford to do this.

Learn to service them yourself then. Rockshox at least are pretty simple. I only discovered this after not getting my Pikes serviced for a year and the stanchions wearing down to buggery though.

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

Spock, if you do decide to replace the forks I'd happily take the old ones off your hands because I need some parts to ressurect my old forks!

If I were you though I'd seriously consider buying some QR15 lowers (£144 from Mojo) which gives you fresh bushes and a stiffer fork. Older Fox forks are pretty simple to service though – the 2004 manual off the Fox site is pretty good in that respect.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

TBH all forks should be serviced every year….

But, I find that if you let them bed in for a year, then get them serviced at TFTuned who will size the bushes properly, they will last for donkeys years with just home servicing, which is pretty easy. 🙂

nickc

but i need forks that wont need to be sent off for servicing every year or so as i cant afford to do this

TBH any forks worth their price will need a bit of TLC, and learning how to drop the lowers and doing a regular re-lube will make them last a whole lot longer, but eventually all of them will need a bushing change. You may as well have yours serviced for that price rather than buy some other less capable forks

eviljoe
    Free Member

Anyone know where you can buy Fox fork bushings? I have the same problem…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fork advice’ is closed to new replies.