Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Forest of Dean – Campsites and DH Event 28/07
  • singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Looking to go out to FOD this weekend as a bit of a skills session for the missus but have a couple of issues/questions that people might be able to help with:

– Can anyone suggest a campsite? – I’ve searched the forum and see Bracelands was recommended previously but it looks like they’re full. Google searches only seem to return B&Bs/Holiday cabins and we’re trying to run the weekend on a shoestring. Doesn’t need to be anything fancy, just near to the trail centre with a crapper.

– I see there’s a DH event on 28/07 and previous threads say it gets super busy. Does this tend to be spectators or people using the trails? I’ve also had a look but can’t see anywhere if any trails are going to be closed. I’m assuming it’s run on the DH sections which are out of our skill level anyway but best to check since it’s 3 hours from home.

If it’s not worth travelling to FOD (due to it being busy/closed), does anyone have alternative suggestions? I’m looking for blues to develop missus STS’s skills before a trip to CyB in a few weeks. We live on the south coast, did Queen Elizabeth Country Park red yesterday and are planning on hitting swinley on the way past on saturday.

Cheers 🙂

psling
    Free Member

Couple of campsites:

Cherry Orchard Farm
    Rushmere Farm

The Pedalabikeaway centre can get busy when there is an event on; DH events usually use one or two of the DH Trails but the Verderers [blue] and Freeminer [red] trails will still be open.

8)

scruff
    Free Member
    singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Thanks psling & scruff.

I’ll get in touch with them and hopefully get something sorted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean – Campsites and DH Event 28/07’ is closed to new replies.