Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Football World Cup Qualifiers (spoiler)
  • scotia
    Free Member

well having just seen a kid get stabbed here in Lausanne (4 days later he was dead) for looking at someone 'wrongly' i feel that this sort of banter isnt good.

Therefore maybe think as some people obviously take it worse than others. Kids these days just need one little trigger and their using knives on each other..

grumm
    Free Member

Yes I'm sorry – me posting a flippant comment on the internet about Andy Murray is going to get people killed. What was I thinking?

Tbh I was more taking the piss out of the fact that while several people claimed this 'British when they win, Scottish when they lose' thing about the media, no-one could come up with an example, apart from the other way round, in a Scottish newspaper.

I'm not denying it happens, I just found it amusing. But now I know about the mortal danger I am posing I will put a stop to it.

Toddboy
    Free Member

"awful jingoism from the media" you mean this?

Bok of the net! (Daily Mirror), 3 Lions in Africa (Daily Mirror), Get de beers in (The Sun), Ooh-aah Africa! (The Sun), We can win it (Daily Express), Watch out world (Daily Star), World class (Daily Mail) and Job done (The Independent) are some of the newspaper headlines after Fabio Capello's England side secured World Cup qualification on Wednesday night.

😆

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Football World Cup Qualifiers (spoiler)’ is closed to new replies.