Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • STW Dales Ride – photo’s & post ride gossip
  • hp_source

right then, I’ll get the ball rolling.

all photo’s on flickr here….

STW Settle

Cheers to everyone for making it a great ride, great route and great company, and who ever fixed the weather 8)

All photo’s available in hi-res if you mail me, email in profile.

couple of pics now to get you warmed up….

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3355/3668188153_cd9f04a410.jpg[/img]

simonfbarnes
    Free Member
    lowey

You didnt waste any time getting them up matey. Nice one.

I’ll post mine in an hour or two.

Today’s ride was brilliant. Great group of people, superb weather, dusty, yes, dusty fast trails and a pub stop half way, plus of course, the obligatory “DeeJay Diversion tm”.

Rides don’t get any better than today.

Thanks everyone for making it such a cracking day out.

Vortexracing

Nice Photies.

Great day out, in the usual nice weather, with nice mountainbikers.

What a pleasant way to spend a Sunday.

and we even managed to slip a swift pint in before going home.

Cheers everyone.

Thanks for the cakes MrsF and Johnny

mrsflash
    Free Member

Just came on to say thanks for a really excellent day out. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

You’re right Lowey, rides don’t get any better than today.

Liked the pineapple upsidedown cake Johnny, that was top.

My mojo has indeed returned with a vengance. 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

Nice set of pics HP, and yay, you got one of me showing the right line crossing the stream 🙂

Vortexracing

My mojo has indeed returned with a vengance

Certainly has BTW you flew down those DH.

How did GF’s back hold up?

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Yes, many thanks to all for the great company, great ride and great cakes!

Superb outing.
    Paul

Gee76
    Free Member

Ta all for a top day, enjoyed it as ever and the “radler” stop (or two)was most pleasant 🙂

Ta for the Hummer spin too… er nice Mr Hummer!!! (sorry rubbish at catching names!!)

Also thankyou for the cakes Mrs Flash aand Johnie… they were mucho yum!!!.

mrsflash
    Free Member

GF’s back was fine today thankfully Vortex, is still ok now. It seems better over the last week, hopefully the Osteopath is doing the trick.

Having a nice g&t now while he cooks tea.

Vortexracing

You really are spoiled. 🙂

Although Mrs V had made my tea and it was waiting for me when I got home so i can’t complain.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you both did better than me got home and had to cook tea for the family but small penance for the excellent day out.
    We really have been lucky sods with the weather today.

Vortexracing

You really need to start to put your foot down John.

show her who’s the boss!!!

JxL
    Free Member

As he said:

“its either her way, or the highway”.

😉

wilburracing
    Free Member

Hi all, cheers for top ride today.

Apparently M6 was reduced to stand still about 4 ish in Preston area after torential down pour. How did it miss us ?!! Who ever booked the weather can come again next time !

… all in all , grand day out in’t dales

See you all next time

Vortexracing

One for Johnny 🙂

izakimak
    Free Member

Mrs flash gets the prize for being the most technically gifted person today by virtue of being the only person to clear the water crossing, unlike myself who got nice cool water running down the inside of my sock’s. And again thanks to mrs flash and johnny for the cakes and deejay and co for the brew and everyone else for making it a great day. 🙂

big-chief-96
    Free Member

ace ride, ace weather, but my calves are burning 😆

gingerflash

Triffic ride today thanks. My back/neck held out, thanks. A great ride, great weather and company, slightly pink but not burnt.

My photos are here: –

Click the pic for more.

bomberman
    Free Member

Wow that puddle crossing looks knarly as f*ck!

bomberman
    Free Member

oops forgot the 😉

lowey

My Pics here.

It would appear that I have burnt my neck to a fookin crisp! Plus my face is also on fire. Dang that factor 8!

gingerflash

I only had factor 4 and was fine, and I’m ginger!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Dang that factor 8!

EIGHT ?? I always use factor 50 on the theory that anywhere it touches is safe :o)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Great day out once again ladies and gents – nice pics guys – some more of mine if you click the pic.

lowey

My mojo has indeed returned with a vengance.

hp_source

Some great pics guys, cheering me up on a monday morning at work. No aches or pains either which is always good.

D0NK

Aye, cracking ride and some good pics. Weather was brilliant, overcast so not too hot for all that climbing in the morning then the sun came out in time for the pub stop. And that downhill, I think someone said it was Long Lane, speedy-tastic! I’m sorry I didn’t stay to sample all the cakes 🙂 but the apple cake was gorgeous – and my wife had made pineapple upside down cake when I got home, mmmm.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Wow that puddle crossing looks knarly as f*ck!

Indeed, proper hardcore 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Survived the commute into work and I also have my mojo back 17 mph average speed with a head wind…[heathen]damn that tarmac was fast and flowy [/heathen]
    Now off to sleep somehwere and buy some kness of Ebay for the 15 mile ride home 😥

Vortex …nearly but not even served with a warm smile

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If, as taka said, you had a 90 minute stop at the pub in Littondale you must have been motoring round!

taka
    Free Member

they didnt stop for 90mins me and my brother had to drop out because the food didnt come for 90mins so we would have been screwed if we were carrying on with the ride annnnnd you had to pay before you got the food so no walking away before it comes :p

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

usually one would expect to carry food (and water) on a ride :o) I hope it was worth the wait!

mrsflash
    Free Member

I do feel on reflection that the chocolate and banana cake could have been better. It was a little dry, a bit overcooked I think. Will do better next time.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Fantastic first forum ride, cracking weather, route and company.

My brothers first job when we got back (after a beer) was ordering replacement wheels from Merlin. Rear hub had almost seized by the time we got back to the car park 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

next time shall we decide in advance which cakes to do and have blind tasting sessions?
    I think more of your cakes got eaten …which is terrible as mmm what shall I have for dinner?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don’t think you need to worry too much about the quality of the cakes after a ride. Quantity is more important :o) Clare very kindly gave me the last slice and for the life of me I cannot recall the flavour, apart from it being very welcome 🙂

lowey

That moist cake with some sort of fruit on the top was belting Clare. Its the one in the middle.

Doffs cap to the cake makers!

Deejay, dont forget to let me know about the NYM’s

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Johnnie, the only reason I didn’t snaffle some of your cakes was I was so overcome by the heat I couldn’t think straight 🙂

lowey

Yeah, it was blisteringly hot in the car park at the end.

What route did you guys end up doing Simon ? I remember you did mention it but I forgot.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘STW Dales Ride – photo’s & post ride gossip’ is closed to new replies.