Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 2,678 total)
  • Football – 2023/24 Season
  • dander

Wish the beeb had asked Ratcliffe why he tried to buy Chelsea. Yes, comments on Greenwood pretty vague, something about United’s values…….

Porto Arsenal possibly the dullest game of the season, bar the goal in the last minute. Not sure I like Euro games without away goals, it just seems to add something for me.

theotherjonv

Just seen on twitter, too good not to share

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68369214

Stoke City: Ricky Martin sacked as technical director after 15 months in the job

Apparently he’s livid he’s leaving Stoke-a

johndoh
    Free Member

Well, well, well…

Battered for 80 minutes, then win 3-1. MOT

sandboy

Great game for the neutral, real drama and entertainment!
    Leicester fans must feel robbed.

halifaxpete

Been following it on the BBC sport app (dont have sky sports) Feared the worse after the first half and would’ve happily taken a point but over the moon with 3!

ads678

Leicester fans must feel robbed

A bit, but we can’t hit barn door with a **** banjo at the minute. We should have been at least 3-0 up and out of sight.
    Leeds were a bit lucky but they didn’t stop playing, and they actually scored!

rogermoore

Quite the night at Elland Road, always happy to get 3pts but man I’ve no clue how! Leicester had so many chances and were managing the game well, but seemed to completely lose the plot after we scored. I still think Leicester will win the league.
    RM.

MoreCashThanDash

Pretty sure Leicester, Leeds and Southampton will go up, probably in that order.

Been a great season for Ipswich already, comfortably exceeded expectations.

smoothtalent
    Free Member

Just watched Jim Ratcliffe’s interview on the BBC and I think he is going to get rid of Ten hag. He seems very non-commital anytime he speaks about him. Let’s wait and see. You can’t spend £400 million and play this dross football. Personally, I would give De Zerbi a go.

binners

I can’t see TH still being in charge by the start of next season. Not when it looks like 5th is as good as it’s possible to get this season, with his signings (particularly Antony) looking like absolute donkeys

Apparently our squad last season was the most expensive ever assembled in world football at £1.2 billion, yet most of the time looked like a pub side.

I know that Ratcliffe has big plans, but the elephant in the room is that those ****ing parasites still have a controlling stake in the club and all these big ideas could still end up coming to nothing

Caher

Bit unfair on pub sides there.

neilnevill
    Free Member

No binnerant after yesterday’s result? I’m disappointed.

argee

Think yesterday was weeks of getting away with poor play coming home to roost, keep saying it, but Ten Hag doesn’t fill you with confidence, i can’t see improvement in any of the players who were there already, and his signings are struggling as well, he’ll have until the end of the season to prove himself though.

The only positive for ManU just now is that it’s Tottenham they’re fighting for fifth with, and we know what happens to Spurs when the pressure is turned up 😂

theotherjonv

Roy Keane used to be captain of Man Utd. And Bryan Robson. I wonder what they make of modern captaincy

gobuchul
    Free Member

Roy Keane was a cheating, violent, coward and bully. Absolute prick.

smoothtalent
    Free Member

Who we got today? chelsea or Liverpool? I don’t want klopp to win anything in his last season so supporting chelsea lol

argee

But he was a hell of a player, in an era when pretty much every team had cheating, violent bullies, he was on the receiving end all the time as well, but also managed to lead a team to the most successful period in memory. Think folk forget how many ‘hard men’ there were back then, and Keane gave as much as he got.

As for Fernandes, he’s a hell of a player, if there was a Keane in the ManU team keeping him on task, he’d be up there with De Bruyne most of the time, as a captain though, he’s never giving you inspiration when the chips are down, that team has serial winners like Casemiro and Varane in it, christ even Maguire in this current team would be a better captain and take the strain off Fernandes.

binners

No binnerant after yesterday’s result?

I’m not angry. I’m just disappointed

What’s left to say about the same old lacklustre shambles?

Roy Keane was a cheating, violent, coward and bully.

Yes, but he was OUR cheating, violent, coward and bully and if you say you wouldn’t want a player like that in the centre of your midfield then you’re either mad or lying!

Who didn’t love watching him and Viera taking lumps out of each other?

Caher

Walked out on my country because a years’ old grudge against the manager, insulted 2nd generation Irish players and only played 62 times due to “injuries”. Yep a prick.

dc1988

There have been a few players who everyone hated but would actually love in their team, Luis Suarez and Diego Costa for example

binners

and only played 62 times due to “injuries”.

To be fair to him, in that era there would be an epidemic of phantom injuries at Old Trafford the week before internationals, which would miraculously be cleared up in a week or so

Bigger fish to fry than some bollocks friendly against Macedonia ;)

Back to today… not a bad match this. It’s getting a bit handbags and the ref is letting a lot go

gobuchul
    Free Member

The thing that really sickened me with Keane, was how he bragged about finishing Cyberdyne’s dad’s career in his (auto)biography.

dander

Good game for a final, pretty threadbare bench for Liverpool, probably 6 nailed on starters injured?

binners

How the hell did that get to 90 minutes at nil nil?

dander

Well, VAR for one and Chelsea’s finishing!

razorrazoo

How the hell did that get to 90 minutes at nil nil?

VAR

frogstomp

Gomez to win it with his first goal via penalty shoot-out?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LiVARpool’s U21s win against Chelsea’s £1Bn squad. 😂

argee

The thing that really sickened me with Keane, was how he bragged about finishing Cyberdyne’s dad’s career in his (auto)biography.

another myth, haaland retired due to the other knee, he got back up and played the 90 in that game as well I believe.

as for Ireland, they had a poor setup, as others have said and keane was vocal about it, Keane not getting on with mick was the reason it blew up though.

dander

Chelsea total bottlers. What happened to them in extra time?

Great performance by big Virgil. Thought Endo was really good as well, up against the £200m pair 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh and despite it keeping Arsenal in the race, I enjoyed them hammering Newcastle. You absolutely love to see it.

argee

Didn’t fancy Liverpool for penalties, their captain certainly did the job again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s Kelleher’s trophy to be honest. Tournament keeper, brilliant game today and kept them in it.

binners

Chelsea total bottlers

I can see Gary Neville christening them ‘billion pound bottlers’ being something that sticks. You can almost hear the chants already

Kelleher was really impressive there! MOTM for definite

honourablegeorge

dander

Good game for a final, pretty threadbare bench for Liverpool, probably 6 nailed on starters injured?

Matip, Trent, Jota, Salah, Nunez, Jones,Szoboslai,Allison probably all start, with another four or five injuries on top, and Gravenberch taken out by Caicedo too

gobuchul
    Free Member

Another myth.

“I’d waited long enough. I **** hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you ****. And don’t ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries”

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Battered for 80 minutes, then win 3-1. MOT

I think “battered” is a little unfair. Should have been 1 or 2 up before Faes scored but for some shocking decision making from Piroe and Gnonto. Think despite the scoreline, the first half was edged by Leeds. First part of the second half you’d have hoped Leeds came out as strong as they finished the first but they were rubbish up until Bamford and James came on. They missed two good chances and had that iffy goal disallowed but screw it, doesn’t matter. We scored 3. They took their two most dangerous players off at completely the wrong time – tactical disaster by the bald fraud. Tactical masterclass by Farke.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Everton have 4 points back.

Caher

as for Ireland, they had a poor setup, as others have said and keane was vocal about it, Keane not getting on with mick was the reason it blew up though.

A poor and mildly corrupt set up shouldn’t have been Keane’s excuse. He didn’t want to be there. When George Weah’s even more corrupt FA couldn’t charter a plane for a game he paid out of his AC Milan salary.

You never let your country down.

PrinceJohn

Everton have 4 points back.

This has the danger to get sketchy very quickly. The people in charge need to tread carefully, this has future bit of a mess written all over it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 2,678 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.