Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Folks from London
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

Is the self righteous attitude a prerequisite or do you aquire it as part of your superiority complex?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yawn.

dovebiker

..that chip on your shoulder wearing you down? 😕

clodhopper
    Free Member

It’s simply because we’re better than you. That’s why we live where we do, have loads of money, and a far better lifestyle than you do . 😀

Is your jealousy a symptom of your own failure?

All 😉 BTW…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Superior to what?

kimbers

not better, just, sexier

actually im from luton

is anyone from london?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I think he is talking about the queen

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

get away with you yokel, back to the fields to toil the land for me.

jekkyl

London’s a bit self fullfilling. Anyone who doesn’t live there doesn’t want to and everyone who does wants to stay and not move away. I’d struggle living there tbh, to be that far from proper countryside would really get me down.

belugabob
    Free Member

TBH, most of them are not ‘from’ London, but are more likely to be from elsewhere.

Living in crowded places does seem to do something to the way that people behave to other people. I don’t think that it’s malicious – more that the faster pace of life leaves less time to notice what’s going on around you.

I treat London like Disneyland – great to visit, but would be a bit creepy to live there.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Live to the south – Woking round to Redhill/Reigate – and you get the better money and are pretty close to the proper countryside as well 🙂

clodhopper
    Free Member

I was born in London.

I must say, having visited many parts of the UK, I’ve never really found much of a difference between people in one place or another. Any big city has it’s stresses and strains, London just has more people.

I try not to judge folk based on where they’re from. Recently met the fathers of new neighbours. One dad was a complete ****, who had this attitude that all Londoners are beneath him (yeah, but your daughter is more than happy to live here eh?), had a stereotypical ‘grumpy northerner’ persona, whilst the other couldn’t have been more different. Genuinely interested in things London has to offer, was asking about good places to go and eat and drink etc. Both men from pretty much the same place. So ‘Londoners’ don’t have the monopoly on being arseholes.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s true that you get so used to having a lot of people around you, often in your personal space, that you do end up cutting down on the pleasantries. No malicious intent, it just happens. On the other end of the scale are places where every single person you pass in the street will say hello to you, but this only works because you don’t see that many people! 🙂

matts
    Free Member

Are you visiting to post this? I never realised they had access the the internet outside the M25.

MrSmith
    Free Member

9 million chose to make it their home, i guess there must be something that attracts them.
    for me it’s the distinct lack of provincial attitudes that appeals.

solamanda
    Free Member

I agree with clodhopper. I was born in London and have lived outside of London for the last 5 years but currently work there. I find people like to think their area is better and gloss over the negative personality traits of people from their home area and find it easy to criticise others.

benp1

It’s not a complex, folks from the country are inferior 😆

djglover
    Free Member

I lived in London for 12 years and had really helpful and friendly neighbours, probably more so than where I have lived before / since.. West Yorks, Co Durham

Its also true that none of these people were actually cockneys, just other people who relocated from the provinces.

There are certainly some obnoxious idiots in London thats for sure, bankers, cokeheads, young arab men driving around mayfair in their supercars, but most of the rest are just ordinary folk who want to earn more money and live in a much smaller house than their provincial cousins

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I have a massive willy and once lived in London.

Coincidence?

Maybe. Just maybe.

matts
    Free Member

mayfair

Bloody Hell. Don’t go to West London. 😯

matts
    Free Member

I have a massive willy

With big knobblies?

jambalaya
    Free Member

All Londoners including all the non-Brits or just the Brits or just those born in London ? Is Sadiq OK ?

Born in Wandsworth grew up in Tooting

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

With big knobblies?

HUGE knobblies.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“Is Sadiq OK ?”

Why wouldn’t he be? 😕

benp1

Cos he think that most of you are country bumpkins and the superior deserve more funding than the rest of the commoners

senorj

OP -did you bump into someone on the tube? Did you drop your ice cream?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve grown the like the place, it’s changed a lot in 10 years since I used to go there for work, or maybe it’s the places – I used to work in Bishops Gate and Canary Wharf, now it’s Lambeth and Westminster, or maybe it’s the time of year I used to have to go in Autumn and Winter, now it’s usually Spring to late summer.

It’s not a place I’d like to call home, but I’m nearly 40 now and don’t need the hassle, if you’re younger it looks great – there’s a lot of opportunities which means you can progress through a career faster than you can in other places in the UK. The people I work with there seem to be about 12, but they’re on their 3rd job from Uni and looking for their 4th. Competition is tough though, they’re all very switched on and keen, ‘office hours’ in London seem to be 8-6 whereas the rest of the country is resisting the move from 9-5 to 9-5:30 (and I’m with them).

In my limited experience people who can’t stand the place (which was me 2 years ago) are missing the attraction, it’s not the money, any ‘London weighting’ you might get is easily pissed away just trying to keep a roof over your head or getting about, or maybe even the opportunities – it seems to be the pace of the place people like, or at least the ones I know – they love the way people march about at twice the speed of anywhere else, the way Londoners can tear through an automated till at twice the pace as anywhere else, whilst talking on the phone. It’s not anti-social either, far from, it’s not like some tiny Yorkshire village where you say hello to the old lady down the road every morning – you can’t say hello to everyone it’s bedlam on the street – but people go out a lot, the bars are busy most evenings, people sit in groups an eat together, also people tend to be more tolerant of strangers than in quieter places – they’ll talk to people they don’t know – if only to ask to get past, instead of throwing mad shapes to try to squeeze past without daring to touch or talk to someone.

I prefer to live a quieter life, I’m happy taking it slower, but I do sometimes regret turning down so many offers to work/live there in the past.

jambalaya
    Free Member

8-6 is part time 😉 It’s sadly the case that by far the best “corporate” jobs and prospects are in London.

Why wouldn’t he be?

No reason at all but the OP seemed to think all Londoners where self-rightous, is Sadiq self-rightous ? What about JC ?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

it’s bedlam on the street

🙂

aP
    Free Member

JC? Jeremy Corbyn, the one from Chippenham who was schooled at The Free Grammar School of William Adams at Newport, Co. Salop

For balance, where is philxx1975 from?

toby1

As a daily visitor I lost my poop with ‘Londoners’ yesterday.

At a cross and little green man comes up, but there’s an ambulance with the blues flashing waiting at the crossing, so I stand there waiting for it to go as I’d rather it got to where it needed to go, people start to cross, queue me shouting “How f**king self important are you people?”. Not the first time I’ll say it this week, but the problem with people, is people.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“As a daily visitor I lost my poop with ‘Londoners’ yesterday.”

How do you know they were all ‘Londoners’?

“queue me shouting “How f**king self important are you people?”

Yet you consider yourself important enough to have to tell others this?

😆

globalti
    Free Member

I was also born in London and actually lived and worked there in the 80s. I seldom go there now but when I do, I feel the whole city is on a completely different level culturally, intellectually and financially to the rest of the UK. There is a massive amount of money, experience and expertise there and it’s a pretty well-run city and clean, compared to others I visit regularly. No wonder there are half a million French people and they’ve got their own mini republic in South Kensington.

atlaz
    Free Member

For balance, where is philxx1975 from?

From his first ever post:

Any bikers local to the Greno woods or Wharncliffe area.

I guess then he’s one of those dour, cheap as **** northern monkeys then. Speaking as a former dour, cheap as **** northern monkey who moved down south to become a self righteous prick with a superiority complex, I can only say that most people turn out to be surprisingly decent. Knobbers exist all over the place however.

xyeti
    Free Member

I’ve worked in or around London most of my life, I live in Yorkshire.

Personally I love the place,
    If you think they’re rude in London FFS don’t go to Yorkshire.

allan23
    Free Member

If you think they’re rude in London FFS don’t go to Yorkshire.

Oy, I resemble that comment.

The London supioriity complex is a shield designed to make them forget how mahoosive their mortgage has to be 🙂

Dislike London intensely, but only becasue I dislike crowded places and smell of traffic fumes. Crowded place with a few nice buildings, any other city would be just the same.

Pretty much anywhere I’ve been there’s been a similar mix of decent people and knobbers.

MrSmith
    Free Member

One of the worst things about the capital is the tourists especially those from the sticks wandering around wide eyed staring at all the tall buildings and getting in the way, stopping in groups on street corners and blocking the pavement and standing on the wrong side of the escalators FFS.
    I guess the money brought in by being the most popular city in the world to visit with 18million tourists wanting to see the sights is the price Londoners have to pay.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“One of the worst things about the capital is the tourists”

Nah, it’s all the suits who commute in from the home counties. Shift all the financial stuff to Birmingham or wherever, and London would be a much nicer place.

Tourists are ok. They’re here to enjoy themselves.

toby1

“As a daily visitor I lost my poop with ‘Londoners’ yesterday.”

Hah, chances are they either live miles away and commute in or moved into London (Clapham) to pay massive rents hence the quotes, they were simply people in London during the day. The irony of this piece is that there are relatively few native Londoners, most of us are tourists whether for the day or for longer.

“queue me shouting “How f**king self important are you people?”
    Yet you consider yourself important enough to have to tell others this?

Well clearly I’m very very important. In reality though the story from the day before of a lady being killed just up the road by a cement lorry was fresh in my mind and caused the excessive agitation, I’d still prefer to let an Ambulance go than cross infront of it and would tell anyone the same wherever they were.

😀

El-bent
    Free Member

Nah, it’s all the suits who commute in from the home counties. Shift all the financial stuff to Birmingham or wherever, and London would be a much nicer place.

Yes. And no. London seems to attract these sort of people, while at the same time nutures the enviroment to create more of them.

I also think that people staring into their smartphones at all times adds to the self absorbtion rate. (stepping off the pavement into the road whilst using their phones is a prime example, not exclusive to London I might add)

Speaking as a “Native Londoner” it also depends where in London you are and what time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Folks from London’ is closed to new replies.