Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • F#@kin traffic wardens!
  • sherry
    Free Member

Got back to my van this afternoon and there was a parking fine on it even though I had a valid pay & display ticket on clear view and parked in the correct place! They put the parking fine over where you could clearly see the ticket! My road tax is in date and also in full view. Now I have to send them a letter and photocopy of the tickets for them to CONSIDER not fining me. You do everything by the book and the mother f#@kers still try and shaft you. Is there anyone I can complain to about this apart from the clowns who issued it?

mtbfix

You just complained to us. Does that count? I had thought this was going to be the usual 'I parked illegally and got fined. I feel maltreated', sort of post.

Dougal
    Free Member

You can appeal the parking fine with the pay&display ticket as proof.

BoardinBob

Just to be certain.

Private parking ticket or council issued one?

If it's the former, just ignore it.

avdave2

You can appeal the parking fine with the pay&display ticket as proof.

So what if you set up a website where people could buy and sell used pay and display tickets and took a commission. Obviously you would just advertise it as a resource for collectors of such tickets.

sherry
    Free Member

Now that I'v got that off my chest I feel better. They are still **** though! It was local authority issued (council).

Talkemada
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about sexual fantasies involving Meter Maids…

bananaworld
    Free Member

Lovely Rita indeed!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The words 'traffic warden' always remind me of a mate who was delivering a rather heavy photocopier to a customer in Durham quite a few years ago. He'd parked on double yellers outside the customers place & had got assistance from someone to haul this bloody great machine out of his van & up some stairs. He came out to find a warden writing a ticket, so he tried to explain the situation. After about 10 mins of getting nowhere he says to matey, 'bollix then, give me the bloody ticket & I hope your next sh!t's a hedgehog'
    Still cracks me up.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I got a ticket 10 days after I passed my test. My own fault tho, I "forgot" to pay and display, it was only for 10 mins, in the evening, in an empty car park in Nowheresville. **** knows where the Traffic warden came from, place was dead! Do they have camo or little hideouts or something? Learnt me lesson! Council in extreme efficiency shocker!

Talkemada
    Free Member

it was only for 10 mins, in the evening, in an empty car park in Nowheresville.

Are they on 'commission'? They probably thought 'Woohoo! Bonus!', when they saw your car. Extra quid or whatever. Can't blame them really. If I was a traffic warden, I'd be rich, Rich! I'd have unimaginable wealth.

'I'm sorry, but I'm afraid your wife is intolerably ugly, I'm going to have to give you a ticket'.

'Ah, come on mate, give us a break!'

'But that's just it, if I give you a break, then I have to give everyone a break, and society as we know it would collapse'.

'Ah, but-'

'No buts. You have transgressed. You must be punished. I Am The Law. You will respect my authority'.

Oooh….

jj55

You'd miss them if they weren't there. A few years ago news leaked out in my little hometown that there were going to be no wardens for about 2 months. It turned into absolute chaos in a very short space of time, to this day I still can't believe how people parked! Pavements were blocked, road junctions became impassable – i never thought i'd say it but I was relieved when the wardens came back!

Talkemada
    Free Member

Sorry. I had a little 'moment' there.

It won't happen again.

Hairychested
    Free Member

To make you feel better, some 8 years ago I was sitting on the pavement in Central London, my knee bleeding, cops around talking photos and statements (somebody drove his M3 into me, parked and went to a cafe across the road), when a TW came and wanted to give me the ticket. The Police Officer's reaction to this – Get yourself fu….off or I'll arrest you for being a c''t. It worked, he walked off swiftly.
    Thanks, Mr PO from Upper Berkeley Street station!

Kevevs
    Free Member

The bloke in Asda car park is an evil genius. He must be on commission cos he just lives for busting transgressorz. He's got a pretty cool gadget that takes a piccy of your car and records time and the position of the valves on the wheels, so if you move yer car and put it back, he'll know. He's got a few favourites that he's tracking down from weeks before! He's also had a few kickings.

Talkemada
    Free Member

He's also had a few kickings.

So, he's been attacked for doing the job he gets paid for (and presumably needs)? For giving out parking tickets? Hardly taking the souls of people's new borns, is it?

If it's a private car park, could you not just remove/cover your number plates, as is it only whilst on public roads that they must be displayed? See Peterpoddy's thread on parking fines.

Hairychested; what's that I can smell; did it come from the back end of a male cow, by any chance? 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

"If it's a private car park, could you not just remove/cover your number plates, as is it only whilst on public roads" never thought of that! It's council car park but private ticketing bods.

The kickings were in a Matalan car park, in Rhyl. I think they even kick friendly vicars for fun in Rhyl.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Matalan car park, in Rhyl

But how could such heinous acts possibly take place in such a wonderous location? 😯

It beggars belief…

ebygomm
    Free Member

I got a parking fine through the post, supposedly for parking in a disabled space in some borough in London which was camera enforced.

I spoke to them, explained I'd never been there and was told I could request photo evidence. I got said evidence which clearly showed a silver blue ford mondeo parked in the space, my car was a white nissan micra! The number plates shared just 3 of the same digits.

Wrote unhappy letter and eventually got a reply stating "they would not proceed with the fine on this occasion". Not "we're sorry we got it totally wrong" but intimating that they just didn't have enough evidence! I suggested in future they may want to cross check descriptions before sending fines out.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Sorry to disappoint but it really happened.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Course it did, mate, course it did. 🙄

PePPeR

It may be something silly like you're mentioned the fact its a van. Most of the car parks in our local town have weight limits in them and I know that my 3.5T Ford Transit isn't allowed in them.

Or it could be like Worthing where you're not allowed to park vans on the seaward side of the road along the front, we found this out as we had five vans all parked in row one day and all of us got a ticket! All because they don't like their pretty view being spoiled by having to look at a van. Oh and they don't mention anywhere along there in writing that vans are not allowed to park, just a tiny sign showing a picture of a car.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘F#@kin traffic wardens!’ is closed to new replies.